The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » How much is too much? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Hello guys, this is a 'just out of interest' question, as I don't perform with doves...

How many doves in a dove act, is too much? How many doves do you guys use in your routines?

I think it will be interesting to hear your answers Smile

Thanks,

Kevin
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5120 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Kevin, a lot depends on what you do with them. If the productions are all the same, 2 is too many, but by using multiple methods, you won't bore the audience. In my present routine, I produce 6 from body loads in 6 different ways, 1 from a balloon to dove, and 1 in an appearing bird cage, for a total of 8. Then, using one of them for a bird through the glass and 4 of them for a doves to rabbit routine, there is a fair amount of variety.

The productions are also spaced throughout my act so it doesn't result in the audience saying "here comes another bird".
Where the magic begins
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Thanks for the reply Dave, very interesting. I understand what you mean by changing the productions, the same applies for card manipulations.

Thanks again,

Kevin
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2003-07-23 15:58, Dave Scribner wrote:
The productions are also spaced throughout my act so it doesn't result in the audience saying "here comes another bird".

Thanks for the very important reminder Dave.

The best dove acts I've seen followed that rule Dave. Just when you thought the birds were exhausted and you were caught up in a totally unrelated effect.....another dove! Smile
RoyHolidayMagic
View Profile
New user
New York
85 Posts

Profile of RoyHolidayMagic
THe Lance Burton method
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Dave put it very well... Look at acts like Greg Frewin and Jason Byrne. Just when you think they couldn't do any more, they shock you and produce another, or two or three more.

I know a lot of people that use 4 or 5 doves. That seems to be a good number. But obviously if you did 4, and they were all from silks... that would be boring to watch.

Good luck!

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » How much is too much? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL