The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On the Spot & Psychokinetic Silverware Info... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
Okay I am mostly into impromtu magic, which is why I am considering picking up these two vids. I have done more than enough research on them but still have a question or two.

-Can someone list ALL the effects from On the Spot? Most descriptions give only a few, I also want to know if On The Spot teaches Crazy Mans Handcuffs, which im trying to learn.

-Ive heard enough positive things from these two vids. Any negative comments about PKS or OTS??

Any further comments would be appreciated.
"There is no spoon."
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Well, I can't think of anything negative, however, you are trying to compare two entirely separate performance pieces.

I do own both videos, and OTS does not teach Crazy Man's Handcuffs.

There are though, enough impromptu effects on there that you should be able to use something from it. I don't perform any coin effects, (that aren't gimmicked) so those I don't use. However, he does show you some methods for stealing a watch and picking pockets, as well as an excellent piece on Paper Balls over the Head. I use this all the time at the restaurant I work at, and it's always a good entertaining piece.

Banachek's video really isn't as EXCITING as OTS but it get's more "oooooh's and aaaaaah's" than OTS. However, this isn't something that is easily pulled off. The mood has to be just right, and you can't pull the carpet out from under them and drastically change the direction of your set either. (At least I wouldn't recommend it). Keeping them separate in my eyes would be a good thing.

I say get both if you can. If you can't get both, you will get more mileage out of OTS than you will Psycho....

My opinion.

David.
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
Yes Kronos, I know these are two completely different videos, I just like the idea that they show effects that are improptu. As for OTS, I'm surprised CMH isn't there I'm actually dissapointed. I already now own the watch steal vid so that has no use for me. Hmm still wondering if I should get this. And as for PS, I've heard the method is hard to pull of and you seem to feel the same. Is it difficult to the point that I will need years of practice to be able to pull off??
"There is no spoon."
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I've seen both of the videos. I personally got more out of the Banachek video. I wanted to learn metal bending, and I use it in performances (on special occassions, I'm not a professional).

I like "On The Spot" too, more for the performances. I really don't do too much impromptu stuff. I'll usually end up doing card tricks if someone wants to see a trick. The thing that I didn't like about the tape was that it was on 2 videos when it easily could've been on one.

K.C.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
It's not that the methods are hard to pull off, (I use two of the bends that are on the tape, I think there are a total of about 7 or 8), but I personally think that moving from magic to something like this, is a sudden jolt, that takes away from what you've been doing previously.

However, if all you've done is this type of effect (mentalism, PK stuff), then this is right up the right alley.

Either way, they are both great.

David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On the Spot & Psychokinetic Silverware Info... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL