The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » I'm No Dummy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
I don't know if there was already a thread about it, I don't remember seeing it when I went through all the 32 pages currently in this forum, hopefully, I didn't just miss it.
Anyway, I just found out about this documentary a couple weeks ago, today I bought it and watched it, and I loved it. I thought it was well done and enjoyed every minute of it.
Someday, I hope to get to see Sandra Luckow's "Belly Talkers" too, but I don't think about it much, it's been so long and still hasn't been released, I've given up hope for the most part.

BTW, something I thought of while watching the documentary: there was a clip of Willie Tyler and Lester. I can remember seeing him appear here and there, but I often wonder why we didn't hear more about him over the years, I've always thought he was SO good, and seeing him again just reinforced that memory.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
He did a turn on the Letterman show either early this year or late last year.

There was quite a bit of discussion here on "I'm No Dummy" when it first hit the market. I may get myself into trouble here if I remember this incorrectly...but it seems to me that Jeff Dunham tried to block distribution (Is that right? Am I remembering that right?).
I own the video. I think it's pretty good. The only thing wrong with it is that it's not twice or three times as long.

-Philip
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Philip, your recollection is correct about Jeff trying to block it. That set of a bit of a spat between him and Jay Johnson. As I've said elsewhere, I have no dog in that fight.

Dave, I "friended" Sandra Luckow on Facebook and inquired about getting a copy of "Belly Talkers." She accepted the friending but never responded to my inquiry.

Bob
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Bob, it'll likely happen eventually, don'tcha think?

Thanks for the corroboration on my recollection. I don't know Dunham at all, but I know Jay slightly, and I do remember that he was pretty angry about it.

-Philip
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

I would have figured it would have been discussed here, but I guess when going through 32 pages, it's easy to miss something, (and I wasn't going to go through them all again).
I found out about the video on Amazon, and when reading the reviews, someone commented about Dunham trying to block it. I'm glad he didn't succeed, or if it's still going on, that I got it before it happens, I really enjoyed it. Like you said Philip, the only downside is that it's not longer.

Bob - as for Sandra not responding, she has probably been asked sooo many times, she's probably grown weary of explaining why it hasn't been released.

Edit;
P.S. - I just found the other thread.....oh well.
The downside is, I may have stumbled across a few more old threads to resurrect.

creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
"Belly Talkers" was on ION cable about a year ago. I believe about 10-15 minutes was cut off the original.
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

I hear it's been on periodically on a station called Ovation TV, but of course I heard about it after the fact.
I really should just forget it, and if somehow I ever manage to get to see it.....great. It is hard to just forget it though, I've been waiting to see it (like many others) since she did the film, and it really has been a loooong time.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » I'm No Dummy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL