The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Which Velour for BA? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I need to cover part of an object in velour for a manipulation act. Part of my stage outfit will also have the same velour.

My question is which velour is most appropriate for stage BA? Something I can construct part of my costume with and also a part of an object?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22447 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Not Velour at all, but Black Velvet material is more of what you are looking for to use in Black Art. The rest is proper lighting with Black Lights.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Black velvet for sure. Any fabric store.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3402 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Triple black velvet is the best.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Al Leach
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Al Leach
What exactly is Triple Black Velvet?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3402 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Triple Black Velvet is like the black hole of material, but it can be quirky to work with and there are several available that are the same but different. You would have to experiment.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
You might want to consider the velvet on this page:

http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/Illu......ries.htm
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1020 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Triple velvet is available from the expert-Don Drake. Website "Blackart secrets".
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Thanks all.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24252 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I found a triacetate velour that was a deader black than anything else I had ever seen before or since.

I have seen black art products such as the Wizard's Window that used triple black velvet. Some of the products have a tendency to show a fine haze where the fold over the edge of the pocket is made. Triacetate velour doesn't do that.

BTW, you do NOT want to use blacklight with black art unless you are using production objects that have been painted with fluorescent paint. If you are wearing a white shirt and it has been washed with a detergent that contains optical brighteners, it will fluoresce under black light.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
Hi Bill,
Thank you for the BA material suggestion.
Do you have a source to purchase this material from.
Jeff
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
There is a company in Houston, Texas where I bought mine. Will try to find the address.
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
Thanks
Jeff
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
I need to order some triple black velvet. Does anyone have a link for Don Drake's site?
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1020 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Don has passed away. You can get it at a fabric store. I bought some off E-Bay.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Possibly a bit late for the OP, but the Magic Café has an entire forum specifically devoted to BA, entitled "The Deceptive Side of Magic".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Which Velour for BA? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL