The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » When does marketing become exposure? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I agree Jim but quite often those that characters you talk about aren't even magicians but knowledge seekers. Who just want to show off their knowledge. But Yes I have experienced it a couple of times. One guy thought I was using an expensive piece of electronics highly praised on here and tried to expose it whe he took part in one of the presentations. He doesn't perform but knew about a very popular electronic system.

I was luckily using something else and he looked like an idiot and it actually made the show much better. But the point is a layman a non performer was able to find it easily.

When performers start marketing their "secrets" to those that have seen their show via facebook surely something is wrong? On the same account they have friends that are magicians and those that have seen the show.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
It is not unheard of but is certainly uncommon that I agree with Jim, but in this instance I wholeheartedly do. It is even more uncommon that I agree with dmkraig, but--with the exception of his characterization of Mindpunisher--I wholeheartedly do.

To paraphrase Tip O'Neill: "All exposure is local." And since it is, all redress is local, too.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2011-01-03 17:30, dmkraig wrote:
I remember seeing Elton John (who is no longer performing)

Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to point out that Elton John is still performing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » When does marketing become exposure? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL