The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Sleight of Hand/Romans 6:23 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Check out this video that I revently found on youtube. It is simple, uses sleight of hand, and shares the truth of the Bible. I liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPikqy1hxEA
- C
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I like the idea, but it made me think that we could put the words on the first slip about our sin/debt, tear it up to point out that that debt is canceled, do a change to a whole slip that says something like we are now forgiven. The presenters words could be quoting the relevant text from the Bible.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
So many things can be done with this...

I have always liked showing a dollar bill...poking a whole in it and asking if it is still worth as much. The answer is yes. So you poke another hole (not through the serial number by the way) and then ask does it still have the same value. Of course they say yes. Then say, do you think you could put this bill into a machine that scan the bill and gives you the desired refreshment? And the answer would be no. (If you by a machine, give it a try). Nope...the bill needs to be perfect to get into the machine...likewise we need to be perfect to get into Heaven...(and so on).

Something to think about anyway.

But Angio333...thanks for sharing that. Anything that gets our minds thinking is a great thing.

><> J
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
Angel_7
View Profile
New user
Australia
66 Posts

Profile of Angel_7
Cool share thanks Angio!

Is there anything you would do differently if you where performing the effect?

-Anthony
illusion is a choice
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Quote:
On 2011-01-02 09:42, Kif Anderson wrote:

I have always liked showing a dollar bill...poking a whole in it and asking if it is still worth as much. The answer is yes. So you poke another hole (not through the serial number by the way) and then ask does it still have the same value. Of course they say yes. Then say, do you think you could put this bill into a machine that scan the bill and gives you the desired refreshment? And the answer would be no. (If you by a machine, give it a try). Nope...the bill needs to be perfect to get into the machine...likewise we need to be perfect to get into Heaven...(and so on).

But Angio333...thanks for sharing that. Anything that gets our minds thinking is a great thing.

><> J

We aren't perfect. Jesus wasn't perfect. We're all sinners, but through a relationship with Our Lord, we can better ourselves each day and with His blessing, get to Heaven.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
See the "Statement of Faith" of The Fellowship of Christian Magicians at http://www.fcm.org We believe the Bible to be true as written, including that Jesus was perfect and without sin. For further explanation, http://www.NeedGod.com as a good starting point. MagicBob's use of the well known Andre' Kole "Three Ball" illustration is a brief Gospel review found at Now That's Magic! show #1 at the 15 minute mark at http://www.ChristianMagician.org
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 08:48, Dr. Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-02 09:42, Kif Anderson wrote:

><> J

We aren't perfect. Jesus wasn't perfect. We're all sinners, but through a relationship with Our Lord, we can better ourselves each day and with His blessing, get to Heaven.

Jesus IS Perfect in every way!!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
If Jesus wasn't perfect, then we'd have no hope. It is BECAUSE Jesus (Emmanuel = God with us) walked the earth as a man, while living a PERFECT and sinless life that He (and no one else) is the Perfect sacrifice to pay the price for OUR sins.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Dr. Magic (and any others scanning this tread that are interested):

I'm curious why anyone would believe Jesus "wasn't perfect." This would seem to be a misunderstanding of the facts.
If there were record of Him doing anything wrong, it would have been brought up at His bogus trial a couple of thousand years ago.

Now since this forum is to help those seeking to do Gospel Magic and not to debate theological concepts (which we don't follow all that often very well) I offer the following routine (which perhaps will help explain the thinking of a good many people who frequent this forum) Here we go:

Preparation: Using Tear/No Tear paper, the following is is written on the following. On pieces of the "Tear" paper, write the word "LIAR" and on another write "LUNATIC." On a piece of the non-tearable paper write the word "LORD."
Presentation: I have here three words that have been used to describe Jesus. You see, Jesus told us He was the King, He was God's only begotten Son. Now there are only three possibilities for the truth. The first piece of paper is that he was a LIAR. If this were true, I'm sure someone would have brought evidence against Him to prove it in a court of law. However, they could find no fault in Him...other that that they thought He wasn't telling the truth...so if you would, please tear up that theory. (the helper does). Doesn't seem like a very good foundation now does it. How about this one, LUNATIC. Now while it is true some people will follow crazy ideas of others, very few are willing to die for that belief. And many people who knew Jesus, sat at His feet to learn, were offered to have their lives spared if they would just say He really didn't rise from the dead...but none would make that claim. So this claim is also not a worthy foundation to stand upon. So would you tear it up for me. (they do). So since He wasn't a Liar, and He wasn't a Lunatic, that just leaves us with one possibility...He was LORD. And you know what, I really believe that. So much so, that I offer it to you to try and tear up my thinking. (they try to rip the paper and fail). Now the fact that you can't tear that paper doesn't prove Jesus is Lord, but it does leave you with something to think about. And hopefully you to will believe in the awesome power of Christ, who came and died for our sins as the Lamb of God, the only one who's sinless life (a.k.a. perfect life) was given as a sacrifice for our sins, so that His perfection will be put to our account on the day of judgment."

Anyway, that's a routine to share a spiritual truth. You know, the kind of thing this forum is all about.

><> J
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Quote:

Jesus lived that sinless life that we cannot live. It is in his righteousness that we can enter Heaven. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says;

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (ESV)

----

We are not perfect....that is very true. We are all guilty of violating every one of the Ten Commandments. For we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. God must punish sin since he is just and Holy. We all deserve and will spend an eternity in Hell for our transgressions. However, that is not God’s will. God has given us a way to escape the wrath to come. The Bible says;

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

God sent his son Jesus, who was born of a virgin, to pay the penalty of sin for us. Jesus is fully God and fully man. While on Earth, Jesus lived a sinless life. He died a bloody and horrific death on the cross, was buried, and raised from the dead three days later. When he was crucified on the cross he took our sins upon himself and took the punishment that we deserve. In essence he paid our fine for us so that God can dismiss our case. Due to the Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross, we can spend eternity in Heaven.

In order for us to be granted the forgiveness of our sins and be able to spend eternity in Heaven, we must repent of our sins and believe in Jesus only. To repent means to turn away. If we are truly repenting of our sins we will turn away from our sinful behavior and the sin that we once loved will disgust us.

We must put all of our faith and trust in Jesus alone, for he is the only way. Without Jesus there is no salvation. For Jesus has said:

For I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.”

Repent of your sins and believe in Jesus.
- C
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Many believe Jesus was white, blue eyed and golden haired. No one from that region resembles that look, yet when I go to church that's what I see. He not only didn't look like that, he also was not perfect. Perfection is only reached when we go to Heaven.
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Dr. Magic,

Just because his sinful followers picture him as a white blued guy doesn't mean that he sinned. The Bible is very clear that he was sinless. What are you basing your belief on that he sinned?
- C
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Dr. Magic...are you a professing Christian?
- C
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
I am a Christian. I never said Jesus sinned, I said he wasn't perfect because someone said we had to be perfect to get into Heaven. No one on this earth was ever perfect.
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Jesus was. How was he not perfect?

None of us will see Heaven unless we repent of our sins and trust in Jesus alone for our salvation. We we do that his righteousness imputed to us,so we go to Heaven.
- C
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Perfection is not a requirement for heaven(grace, acceptance of jesus as lord & savior ), if that was the case no one would get there except the trinity. May I suggest you read this and reconsider your view as to the perfection of Christ http://www.epm.org/resources/2010/Feb/23......-christ/ or at least attempt to support your views based on scripture vs. opinion. Interested in your response & further discussion.
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Ever see a learned group of Theologians discuss the Bible? They all have different views on it, including views on Jesus. How can they all have differing opinions?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I'll tell you the truth, I do not care if theologians have different views. They have different views because they are imperfect people. Jesus was found to be blameless and without sin. If you have something that proves otherwise, please share.

Theology is man's study of God. Man's study of anything is flawed because of our limited knowledge. I would hope that our faith is based on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and not a superficial one based on merely the views of others.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Ever see a learned group of Theologians discuss the Bible? They all have different views on it, including views on Jesus. How can they all have differing opinions? " Again you give opinion please provide scripture or any other evidence of Christ's imperfection.
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Never said Jesus sinned. I said he wasn't perfect in response to someone saying you had to be perfect to get into Heaven.

Priests, Pastors, Rabi's, etc. interpret the scriptures differently. They shouldn't need 'interpretation', yet....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Sleight of Hand/Romans 6:23 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL