The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Another CMH question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MTaylor2002
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of MTaylor2002
Hello Café:

I enjoy Crazy Man's Handcuffs quite a bit. I originally learned the Michael Ammar version. Recently I saw a video demo on a foreign language internet site in which the magi did an instant 'linking' of the bands before doing the more common unlinking phase of the routine. It was fast and a real mystery, at least to me. I am familiar with the linking technique in the Slydini linking bands manuscript, but I am pretty sure this is not what was done in the video. Is anyone familiar with this technique and can you tell me where to learn it (i.e., a book or video)? Thanks!
Greenshock
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Greenshock
Hey MTaylor2002,
The only place that I have seen this on video, is "Spectators Don't Exist" by Jon Allen. He also has some great touches on CMH as well.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Dan Harlan has a method on one of his rubberband videos as well: Vol. 1 I believe.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
CMH is not about linking or un linking this is a penatration of the bands.
Chris kenners effect Missing Link is an inpromptu linking of the bands this is found in his book "Out 0f Control"

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
All the above-mentioned effects can be found on Dan Harlan's magic with rubber bands DVDs.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Mark Fitzgerald has a handling called "Back Two-Gether" that's taught on Dan's video, which is my choice out of the methods I've found in print for a reverse penetration (as Vinny noted, it's NOT a link). There was another version in MAGIC a couple years ago, by Looy Simonoff and somebody else (whose name escapes me at the moment), called "Biological Rings" or something along those lines. I think it was in or around the summer of 2001, but I'm not 100% sure. It was one of the last few issues before Josh Jay took over the effects section.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
MTaylor2002
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of MTaylor2002
Thanks, everybody -- you've given me some great leads!
Laffski
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Laffski
As mentioned by Greenshock, Jon Allen's handling on the video is exactly what you're referring to. It is actually not difficult once you know the move.

Laffski Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Another CMH question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL