The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » May soon go public (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Click Clark
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
15 Posts

Profile of Click Clark
Hi, I'm not new to magic. But I may soon be new to actually performing, as in for pay. I've played around with different tricks and had a lot of fun over the years, but there are so many very cool tricks out now, that it seems almost a waste to let all this stuff not be used to make someone's day, and make a profit to boot.
What I have been thinking about is restaraunt work, as well as children's birthday parties, and maybe one day grand openings for businesses. Corporate shows may one day be on my radar, but not right now.
I am in the process of assembling a wardrobe, (I already have a character name - my username) and some music to use as background music.
My current problem is I work a ten hour day M-F and after Jan 1 we may even be working some Sat.
This will help my budget, and allow to accumulate some of the tricks I want to buy, but it will keep me very busy. I drive a forklift in the weldshop in a large factory, and it pays well, especially for this current economy, but some days can be very hectic and stressful, and when I get home, I don't feel much like practicing my routines. (I know nobody else ever has those problems! ; )
I'm glad the Magic Café is here for us "new" guys.
May 2011 have many times of "presto change-o" for all of us, but mostly be filled with the joy and presence of the Lord! -click-
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Click
Welcome to the Café. I hope you enjoy developing your performing skills.
I suppose it is blessing to have plenty of paid work but it sounds like it may slow down your performance schedule.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Click Clark,

As long as there is a spectator it is performing, payed or not.

Some of the best Magicians in the world are not pro. so don't feel you must go pro. If time is an issue or you may try busking which would be easier to do without a lot of pre-planning.

Happy New Year.

-Mary Mowder
Click Clark
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
15 Posts

Profile of Click Clark
Thanks, Mary and Troppo. You guys are a needed encouragement. Say, Mary, (I'm sorry to sound dumb)
exactly what is busking? Happy new year to all of you cool people! I feel I have new friends! Thanks. Click
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dear Click Clark,

Go to the "Close -Up Workers" section and third down is "The Side Walk Shuffle". All your questions will be answered by those more qualified than myself.

Start at the very top of the list.

-Mary Mowder
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
Sometimes "less is more". Take your time to work out a good routine that fits you. Polish it, then polish it more. You can find many good effects for sale right here too. Save a few bucks.
Magically,

Chris Rochow
Click Clark
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
15 Posts

Profile of Click Clark
Thanks, Mary. You, too, Crochow. I owe you guys. Mary, where do you perform? I'd sure like to see your work. -Click-
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Welcome to the Café'
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm from Sacramento.

I do mostly Kid's parties, Libraries and Close-Up at Adult events. I do other shows but that's the bulk of it. I've never actually done any busking myself. Walk-around at Fairs is as close as I get.

-Mary Mowder
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Busking is performing on the street, and passing the hat. It is definitely not for beginners, because if you are not able to hold their attention they will just walk away from you. Children's birthday partys sounds easy, but little kids are a really tough audience. I'm not trying to scare you but in this business you have to be smarter than your audience in order to knock their socks off.

HAVE FUN
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Click Clark
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
15 Posts

Profile of Click Clark
Thanks, Al. I'll keep on practicing. I've always loved a challenge! -Click-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » May soon go public (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL