The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Favorite Dock Haley Gospel Magic effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Varro
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville TN.
116 Posts

Profile of Steve Varro
Greetings and Happy New Year!

First I want to say thank you to all of you who have or are using our products.

I'm doing a survey to find out what your favorite D.H. effects are. I'd also like to know what past effects you'd like us to bring back, or effects you'd like to see produced in the future. Thank you for your time.
STILL In HIS service

Steve Varro

International President of FCM

Owner/Dock Haley Gospel Magic Co.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I really like the John de Vries "Jonah Paper Tear." It is on our next tv magic program performed by MagicBob live from the "Logos Hope" ship stage- it's not posted to our web site yet due to some computer problems- but this program has already aired on our local cable access channel. It's a easy to pack baffling effect with a great message on the importance of all parts of the Bible.
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
I have used the Bible paper tear longer than I can remember, and it is one of the best ways to visually impart the message of why it's important to "hide God's word in your heart" that I have ever come across. I also like & have used the Arrow cards for a long, long time.....on my third set!
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Steve:

Many years ago, maybe 1984, Dock was at the FCM Convention and showed me his Milk Pitcher made out of plexi-glass that could be taken apart to clean. I was intrigued by it and talked with him about mass production. I don't believe he ever followed through with it. Are you aware of this wonderful prop as owned by Dock? If it is available for production, I believe it would be very well received.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The most used Dock Haley gospel prop in my gospel show is "He is Risen". The second most used Dock Haley gospel prop in my gospel show is the "Holy Bible Coloring Book." I have several other Dock Haley props in my collection as well, as alternative tricks for repeat shows.

I only use one Dock Haley prop in my "A" gospel show, as I have several regular props that I use with gospel patter.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
FX4 Christ (my ministry) has at least 50% of all the effects the Dock Haley effects created (or at least that I know about). Many are in "mint" condition that were part of an estate purchased by a secular performer who donated them to the Orange County Gospel Arts Studio. Most are new and never out of their packaging. We often will incorporate an effect that applies to a performance need, like the VBS we are performing at is studying Jonah. But more likely they inspire other effects to be created in the studio. Like "It's Your Choice" inspired an effect we developed called BGJ (Bible/Grace/Joy). While we buy many procure many effects, we generally modify them or completely rebuild them from scratch. We buy the effects to give the creator their due. We believe that is important.

Performance wise, I suppose the one that finds its way into our performances the most is The Missing Peace the effect by Bob Hill. It was part of our Christmas Shows this past season. This is nice because then when it is all done, you can give them a large bill as a thank you. So I suppose we also use the bills.

We also have pretty much the complete library of books produced by DH so they inspire things we create as well.

><> J
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Birdsboro, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
Don't know if I can choose just one, but here are maybe my top 3 in no particular order:

1. Stage version of Keys to the Kingdom
2. Nuggets of Truth - don't really use them in the trick as supplied but they are used in other routines so very, very helpful
3. In the Fire

I am sure I am probably forgetting others that would rank right up with these, as I tend to rotate effects in and out.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1020 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Here is my list that I use a lot.
He is Risen
Instant Painting
Bible Coloring Book
Eternal Life Assurance
King of Hearts (3 card monte)
Keys to the Kingdom
Parade of the Gospels
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Stage version of Key To The Kingdom has become a regular routine that I do at the end of my show for young youth. I love it!

When I perform KTTK, it never ends with a magical wow, "she picked the Jesus card". Instead, the trick gets lost in the message, and the message speaks volumes. I have a lot of positive feedback from using and performing The Key To The Kingdom to speak about the message of Christ and true salvation.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
"ALL" Box!
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Favorite Dock Haley Gospel Magic effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL