The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill Change/Switch (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7031 Posts

Profile of bowers
I usely change a 1 dollar to a 100 dollar bill
but I have been pondering on changing a blank paper
to a regular bill. my question is what paper works best
and folds good like a bill does.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 00:40, bowers wrote:
I usely change a 1 dollar to a 100 dollar bill
but I have been pondering on changing a blank paper
to a regular bill. my question is what paper works best
and folds good like a bill does.

Hey Bowers. Cheap, thin printer paper works well- smoother the better. Stay away from coated stocks.

A neat idea along those lines would be to have one of the 'panels'(on the blank paper) that appear during your folding sequence printed with a faded, light-grayish section of the bill-art. Pause for a beat when this panel is showing, then continue with the full blown change. It will almost appear as if the change took place gradually. Make sense?

By the way, I think I first saw something like that (a photocopied bill turning into the real deal) on Sander's now-unavailable DVD 'VisiBill'. I'm sure others have messed around with the idea, and maybe somebody else can provide more complete credit.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7031 Posts

Profile of bowers
Thanks calvin826 ill try this paper
the panel section being colered in.
sounds like a cool idea ill try this.
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
It's a shame Richard Sanders' "Visi-Bill" didn't make it into John Lovick's "Switch." I doubt Richard submitted it, though he contributed other material to the book, since he was still selling "Visi-Bill" as an instructional video. It's a very interesting enhancement for any Kozlowski-type change (note that the bill is only folded into eighths, not sixteenths): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwp24IavATU
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 13:45, David Acer wrote:
It's a shame Richard Sanders' "Visi-Bill" didn't make it into John Lovick's "Switch." I doubt Richard submitted it, though he contributed other material to the book, since he was still selling "Visi-Bill" as an instructional video. It's a very interesting enhancement for any Kozlowski-type change (note that the bill is only folded into eighths, not sixteenths): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwp24IavATU

Hi there, David. Saw you lecture a few months ago- still laughing.

I heard a rumor that Richard Sanders is punching up a lot of his older effects and re-releasing them. Seeing that you are his friend, past collaborator and also a fellow Canuck, can you verify any of this? Perhaps maybe we'll see an 'EXTREME VisiBill 42.0' sometime soon?
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 16:21, Calvin826 wrote:
Hi there, David. Saw you lecture a few months ago- still laughing.

Let's hope you're referring to the comedy, not the sleights.

Quote:
On 2011-09-07 16:21, Calvin826 wrote:
I heard a rumor that Richard Sanders is punching up a lot of his older effects and re-releasing them. Seeing that you are his friend, past collaborator and also a fellow Canuck, can you verify any of this?

Richard has shown me some of the new products he's preparing to release, but he hasn't mentioned anything about releasing upgrades of older stuff. Not that he tells me everything. I didn't even know he did magic until about two weeks ago.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2714 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Sorry, but the guys here recommending 'Juan Pablo's Cash Flow' simply can't actually have the effect.

It's undoubtedly the biggest pile of c*rap it's been my misfortune to buy in the last 10 years.
Barry Allen
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Hey Merc- not sure about the others, but I'm recommending Pablo's SWITCH(with Doug McKenzie's clean up)- I'm not familiar with his other effects.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
776 Posts

Profile of dduane
I second that (Pablo's SWITCH with Doug McKenzie's clean up). It takes practice, but I use it all the time as an opener in my restaurant gigs. It is especially good for switching a dollar for another, where something on the bill changes - like Night Shades. With misdirection, you can borrow a bill, and with no tt can switch it out for yours - to do a serial number prediction for example.

As for Cash Flow... You have to admit; the method is quite original. I have it and used it as an opener until it got too warn. I'll say that it doesn't hold up for a lot of performances, but it gets good reactions. You need to have a good patter with it. I like it, and it can be re-made. It's not squeaky clean for sure, but it does get by laymen.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2714 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 22:45, dduane wrote:
As for Cash Flow... You have to admit; the method is quite original. I have it and used it as an opener until it got too warn. I'll say that it doesn't hold up for a lot of performances, but it gets good reactions. You need to have a good patter with it. I like it, and it can be re-made. It's not squeaky clean for sure, but it does get by laymen.

The method is quite original as you say; well as far as I am aware it is - (albeit I'm sure I saw something very similar in Apocalypse during the early 90's)?

I'm currently making up another gaff using an English cheque/£ notes, as the one that came with the DVD looks like nothing on this earth. I'm also trying to construct it with Pritt Stick as the manufactured one I think has been produced using brick cement - it's far too thick and it's got more wrinkles in it than Mick Jaggar's face! Also, on the DVD within the 'how to construct your own gimmick' section there is a MAJOR discrepancy that you don't potentially realise until it's too late. Sorry Bazardemagia, English translations are really appreciated but please get someone to proof check it (Tango manage to do it successfully).

If I get it working over the Weekend then I'll come back and admit I was wrong - as well as doing an in-depth revue in the same way that I did for the Kartis Bill; to hopefully do Cash Flow some justice. I have had this effect for around 2 moths now and really worked on it - but I just can't see it becoming a 'worker' for me in the real World.
Barry Allen
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
776 Posts

Profile of dduane
For sure there are switches that are less of a problem. I do a lot of bill magic, so I got this to work for the variety. I kept it because it does startle the spectator and is a quick ice breaker or opener. The classic hundred dollar bill switch is still one of the best for me, now that I have a reason to fold the bill. Something like, "You probably don't trust me with your dollar, so I'll let you change it in your own hand..." That gives me a reason to fold it so they can squeeze it in their fist. Gets a much bigger reaction that way.

Just my thoughts.., Dennis
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
I use the Money Morph by Kevin for the close-up work, the reaction of the people is amazing!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Money Morph is very good! It does require a TT but when done correctly, it meets the usual demands of most magicians during a good bill switch -it is visual, very surprising and the bill never leaves sight.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Yeah- as I've said many times- if the conditions are right, and you're willing to put in the practice, the Juan Hundred switch is the best. BUT- closer to the 'standard' switch, Money Morph rocks. I've heard many people on here pooh-pooh it because there's no 'magic moment' (it's too instant)- but I disagree. Always gets great reactions for me.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
With the bill swicth of Kevin ( Money Morph) you can do the wonderful ideia from Jay Shankey about the transposition of signatures also

(two rectangular white papers, one of which the magician signs, fold it and store it in his pocket. The other is the spectator himself that sign his name on it. After, the magician fold it and with this method when he unfold the paper appears his signature . . . and in full view, the magician go to his pokect, take the paper out and unfold it with the signature of the spectator!

The reaction is amazing also!

Falconer
FALCONER
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
I forgot to informe that Cyril use some times the Money Morph method!

Falconer
FALCONER
AWESOME
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of AWESOME
Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders.
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
106 Posts

Profile of mkarav
Of all the effects performed for countless persons in my daily routine, Extreme Burn evoked the greatest amazement from laypeople and the greatest satisfaction to me as I feel I performed real magic. I have had people begging me to tell them how I did it. If I had to carry one trick only this would be it. EB fits all my walk-around criteria: easy to carry in wallet; impromptu, easy transition from any situation where payment is required; easy to reset; relevant and not just a meaningless trick especially during these economic times where money is a concern. I am working on the check version now. Also resonates well with Cash Flow and Bare Hands Bill Production for a longer routine.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5814 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-09-06 12:30, bowers wrote:
Its true that topit has been worked to death.
but all in all a tt will let you hand the bill out.
and that's the first thing the spectator wants
to look at.

A TT isn't necessary to perform a bill switch. I don't use one, although magicians often think that I do. Many don't understand that you don't need a TT, in order to show your hands empty in a convincing manner. The best part is that my method is so easy.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Go on the Parker Brother Monopoly website. They allow you to print out monopoly money. Print it the size of your money and switch monopoly money to real money for a great reaction!

My problem with switching American dollars with anything other then another size currency (10's to 20's) is that doing it with paper is npt as clean since the colored edge are not the same vs real money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill Change/Switch (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL