The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Passing of Gloria Crawford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeyD
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of JoeyD
Dear Friends,

With great sadness, I must inform you of the death of Gloria Crawford, wife, partner and business manager of the great Harry Crawford. Those of us who knew her will always have a special place in our hearts for her.

Members of S.A.M. Assembly 160 (Harry Crawford Assembly) will be conducting a Broken Wand Ceremony for her on Tuesday night (12/4), at the Snowdon Funeral Home 140 N. Main St. in Shavertown, PA. Visiting hours will be from 5:00 to 7:00 pm with the broken wand ceremony at 7:00.

Below this bit of sad news I have attached a small article from an MUM that was written about this outstanding duo and the importance of a magicians assistant. I cannot take any credit for finding this information, I give that all to my friend Dave J.

Shortly after being named Dean of the Society of American Magicians,
George Schindler wrote an article in MUM magazine. The article centered
around magician's assistants and the role they play which is more than
box jumping.

Here is one paragraph from the article:

On another show with Crawford and Gloria, to provide the
misdirection for a vanishing alarm clock, Gloria sets off a ringing
device under the tray and clock she is holding. But on this occasion the
battery failed. How now to get the attention in the right place? The
quick thinking Gloria walked up to Harry hands him the tray and in a
loud voice announces." ding-a-ling". It was tough for Harry to keep a
straight face for the rest of the effects.

Gloria and Harry are two iconic figures in the magic community and will be greatly missed. If you have any memories you would like to share, please don't hesitate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Passing of Gloria Crawford (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL