The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CARD MAGIC USA! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Just some info -- but it's exciting info!

One of my most ambitious projects to date: CARD MAGIC USA (eBook) is now available.

Featuring mostly unpublished material and other rarities from some of America's Finest Creators. 49
contributors - 80 routines and moves. Over 280 Pages! Fully illustrated. See the final list of Contributors
below.

You can buy this from me, or support the contributors and buy your copy from one of them (some are members
here). Contributors are listed below.

You can also download a free eight-page PDF containing a detailed Table of Contents.

Thank you & Happy New Year to All!

Peter

CONTRIBUTORS
Jon Armstrong
Lee Asher
John Bannon
Steve Beam
John B. Born
Steve Bryant
Antonio Cabral
Jack Carpenter
Steve Dacri
Marc DeSouza
Steve Draun
Steve Dusheck
Steve Ehlers
Tom Frame
Cameron Francis
JK Hartman
Wesley James
Joshua Jay
Marty Kane
Bob King
Nathan Kranzo
Chad Long
Harry Lorayne
Bill Malone
Ryan Matney
Max Maven
Steve Mayhew
Stephen Minch
James Patton
Jeff Pierce
Gary Plants
Mike Powers
Jon Racherbaumer
Steve Reynolds
Robin Robertson
Harvey Rosenthal
Steve Shufton
Bob Solari
Ryan Swigert
Dan Tong
Diamond Jim Tyler
Mike Vance
Michael Weber
Caleb Wiles

PAST MASTERS:
Roger Klause
Gene Maze
Michael Skinner
Paul Swinford
Frank Thompson
Alternative Magic
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
This is going to be an awesome eBook. Smile

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love this ebook. Even if I didn't have two tricks in it, I would give it my highest recommendation. It's really something special. This could have easily been sold for twice the price. Peter did an amazing job compiling and editing this material.

It's now up for sale on my site as well.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Really want this but I have to be patient....just received the Michael Vincent set and the infinity wallet.
Spend too much haha.
Peter...dunno how you do it but I really appreciate this. Also great thanks to the contributors this must be very,very nice!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I've been waiting for this one.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
WOW, Just got this last night....

This is a GREAT book. The people here whining that it is an e-book are REALLY missing out on some TRULY great magic. Come on guys, GET THE THING and print it at Kinko's or at home if you REALLY have to have it in your hands so to speak. At 29.95 USD, you will not find a better bargain. As a hardback, you would be paying close to 70.00 for this - if not more.

Then again, if you want to remain a neo-Luddite, be my guest Smile The rest of us will be performing some truly top notch killers.

अहिंसा

Vlad
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Again I find myself agreeing with my friend Vlad. I'm not a card man, but I know good stuff when I see it and I can appreciate great stuff when I read it. Got this and it's really super. Buy it from whomever you want on the tremendosu list of contributors, but buy it--you won't be disappointed!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I got it as well, very good, lots of explanation and photographs (I need them to understand some of the moves), it is a long ebook, it will take me for a while to read it.

in the past I used to print it and bind it staples, but now I load it in my ereader (Cruz color) and it can be read very well and the pictures and drawings are crystal clear.

Pablo
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Vlad is correct. If this book were a hard copy, it would cost at least $70. Probably more. For $29.95, it's a steal.

You could certainly print it in B&W for not much money. Color would cost a bit more.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Sounds like a fun read, but I really don't see myself buying this because I already have books on card magic.

Ray
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Well...just bought it (shhhhttt to my girlfriend)
Really like it...the C.O.H.T.P. is easy but works perfectly!
James Went
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of James Went
This ebook is the nuts.

Well done Peter, see you soon hopefully.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I try to remain impartial each time I review a magic product on my blog. However, one could argue that this may be impossible for this next review. After all, I’m one of the contributors to Card Magic USA and I sell it on my website. At any rate, this eBook constitutes a big release in the world of downloadable magic media, so I wanted to share my thoughts.

Following the success of Scotland Up-Close, England Up-Close and other collaborative eBooks from UK-based magicians, Peter Duffie decided to compile a collection of card magic from magicians in the United States. The list of 49 contributors reads like a who’s who of magic today. There are over 70 items fully explained on over 280 pages. This is one BIG ebook. Here’s a rundown of some of my favorite effects:

The Lucky Chip (Jon Armstrong)- A spectator selects a card and shuffles it back into the deck. The cards are spread face down and the magician hands someone a poker chip. The volunteer drops the poker chip down at any point in the spread. The cards that the chip touches are arranged into a face down row. Again, the spectator has a free choice of which card to place the chip. The rest of the cards are eliminated.

“Wouldn’t you be impressed if your card was under the poker chip?” the magician asks. The chip is turned over to reveal a duplicate miniature card matching the spectator’s selection. This is the first effect. “Well, you’re probably all wondering about the card that’s still on the table. Go ahead and turn it over.” The spectator’s turn the card face up to reveal the selected card. This is a laymen killer.

Aces Over Easy (John Bannon)- This is a quick and easy production of the four Aces. The cards are shuffled and cut into four packets. An Ace is revealed on the bottom of each packet. The Aces are cut back into the deck. Instantly, they are found reversed together in the center.

Leadership Potential (Tom Frame)- This is a souped-up version of the classic Follow the Leader effect using the Jacks, Queens, Kings, and Aces. What’s cool about this version is that the spectator getst to freely switch the “Leader” cards from pile to pile and the mates still follow. It is very easy to do and packs a huge impact.

George’s Secret (Cameron Francis)- This is a commercial, albeit illogical trick. A card is selected and lost in the deck. The magician explains that besides being the first president of the United States, George Washington was also a card magician. A borrowed one dollar bill is folded up and waved over the pack. When the bill is unfolded, there is a hole where George’s portrait should be. The cards are spread to reveal his face stuck to the back of a card. Of course, it is the selection. The process is then reversed with George disappearing from the back of the card and landing in his proper place in the middle of the now restored bill.

Predictamation (Joshua Jay)- This has a similar feel to Paul Harris’s “Overkill” effect. A spectator cuts off a small number of cards. The magician shows that he predicted exactly how many cards the spectator would remove. In the process, he also finds the four Aces. While there is a setup involved, the effect is completely self working.

Cycle (Max Maven)- This is a series of three packet tricks with color changing back kickers. They are easy to do and each one has the interesting property that it leaves you setup to begin the next one.

Direct Twisted Collectors (Steve Reynolds)- As the title suggests, this is a very direct version of the Twisted Collectors plot that merges two classics of card magic (Twisting the Aces and Collectors) into one. In effect, three cards are selected and lost in the pack. Four Kings are introduced and the magician demonstrates how he can magically turn the cards face down one at a time. Finally, the Kings are placed onto the deck and the cards are spread. Instantly, three cards are seen to be interlaced among the Kings. Of course, these are the three selections. This type of effect isn’t for everybody, but if it works with your style, I think you’ll find Steve’s method to be superb.

Paparrazzi Packet Trick (Caleb Wiles)- I know I’m a little biased, but this is a very commercial trick. The spectator seemingly selects two cards at random from a small packet. The magician then shows that a different celebrity name is written on the back of each card. He then reveals that he predicted the chosen celebrities from the very start. I really like the playful presentation. The trick is self working and is always a hit at my lectures.

Card Magic USA can be purchased from any of the contributors. It is available at my website at the following link: http://www.calebwilesmagic.com/?page_id=853

Also, don't forget to check out my blog for more detailed reviews on the latest magic products.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
There are SO many amazing effects and ideas in this Ebook.
I mean talk about bang for your buck!
280+ Pages, effects from the top USA magicians in the world..

So much great material, with a wide range of genres..

Well done Mr. Duffie!

Kyle
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
This is a terrific purchase and I think it's worth to invest in this great ebook. I found a few effects which I considered as GEMS and card moves as well. I am really enjoyed this very ebook and I think Peter Duffie has done an excellent job in compiling some of the best material here. I really, really enjoyed much!!

Thanks Peter for the great compilation!

Highly recommended!

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Is this book illustrated?
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Yes Brian with lots of colourful photos.

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Thank you!
LeSue
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of LeSue
I purchased this book, (soft cover) and here are two things which I find annoying: 1) None of the pages are numbered, which of course, is also evident in the index of the effects. 2) On occasion where a particular sleight is mentioned, the sleight is not explained and therefore left to the reader to research the explanation in some other source. My personal feelings are that if you are selling information, the information should be complete regardless of whether the author thinks the reader should already be versed in the handling. Other than that, I found the book a delight to read.
A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I just got this in the mail and let me tell you this book is packed full of great stuff. The list of contributors is impressive to say the least and the variety of material is just awesome. If you're a card geek like me then this book will totally blow you away. The printed version is nicely done and will be a nice addition to my library.

Good stuff Peter!

luke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CARD MAGIC USA! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL