The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Dave Dee/Jack Turk's course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I'd like to hear from the guys who have purchased the Dave Dee/Jack Turk course. Have you applied what they teach in the course? If so, how has it affected your business? I'd love to hear feedback, success (or non-success) stories, etc.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of jonathandupree
I don't know anything about this but the best book I have read that help me book more events for higher fees was Booking Yourself Solid by Michael port. You can get it at any bookstore for about twenty bucks.
magic maniac
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
Quote:
On 2011-01-05 18:03, jonathandupree wrote:
I don't know anything about this but the best book I have read that help me book more events for higher fees was Booking Yourself Solid by Michael port. You can get it at any bookstore for about twenty bucks.

I second this book. I have a marketing degree, and this book basically summed up 3 years of school, all for $30 !
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
<<the guys who have purchased the Dave Dee/Jack Turk course>>

Which one? There are several...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22403 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The "Booking Yourself Solid" is available in paperback for only $11.00. The workbook can be downloaded after you buy the book.

Amazon has it available. This is an action book, forces you to actually get going and stop wishing.

I read the available pages on line for this book, having several years of sales training, I can say this book will help you in your goal to success. It is not just all the other self selling theories re-arranged in a new order, it is a totally different approach.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Event Entertainer, I am referring to the main course -- I don't remember what it's called. It was, I believe, the original course before all the smaller ones came out. I think there is something about 90 Day Marketing Mastery in the title...
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I took Dave Dee's seminar one year and was impressed. Just not the right impression. The BEST marketing programs that WILL pay for themselves within a month are Jim Snack's course and James Munton's marketing programs. I have both and they are totally invaluable. James has some techniques that Jim does not because Jim's course is set for the long run. Quick start but long run. James focuses on the booked solid in 30 days. He also has lessons for the long run. Both well worth the investment.

Peter "Paddy" Lansing
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
An $11 "book yourself silly" course is unheard of. When someone copys that course, and charge hundreds of dollars for it people around here will fall in love with it.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Al -

"Book yourself Solid" (Michael Port) has been around for quite a while, and is a well-known business book.

http://www.bookyourselfsolid.com/

There are several threads around here that discuss business books (as opposed to magician courses). Personally, I like to learn from both types of resources -- regular business books, and magician-specific products. I have lots of regular business books. Here's a partial list of some of my favorites.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Donald
It was a joke, there are so many hucksters around here shouting out that their course is the final word in magic success it makes me laugh when a reputable magician tells me that you can do it all for an $11 investment. Although I have never bought any get rich quick in magic scheme I just might take that $11 plunge on this one.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Just to clarify one small thing. Michael Port is not a magician. His book is not written from one magician to another.

Sorry that you feel that $11 is a big amount ("plunge") to invest in your continuing education. Smile

- Donald

P.S. There are lots of posts here in the Tricky Business section that tell people that they can you just read the posts, and maybe check out a few library books to read, and make a success of their business. No, no big investment required. You don't have to focus on the posts that recommend "expensive" resources... there are other posts.

The main problem isn't the cost of the course... it's the action that a person takes!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Donald
If you read my post again you will see that I said $11 for a marketing course is about right.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Al -

All the info that anyone needs to be a success was shared in this post, yesterday.

Make daily phone calls, emails, letters, and / or visits with potential customers. And don't slack off.

Just saved you $11, or hundreds. Smile

- Donald

P.S. Note -- Have a good show, have a good business personality, and know how to sell are also part of the overall success picture.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22403 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is not that these books will make you a success, but that they will give you insight as to what is required to be a success.

Not everyone has the experiences some on the Café have in life, especially if your in your teens or early 20's, they need to be educated in what is required. These books can give some insight, motivatation, and direction.

I have downloaded the workbook by Michael Port and already have gotten 3 emails about more ways that he can help. Gee, let me finish reading the book 1st, but that is his business, telling others how to sell.

This book has been around, but as the author says, this is a second edition, with some new material concerning the internet.

I suggest Al, you read the available pages on the Amazon site to get some insite as the content of the book, it has his struggle as well outlined in the beginning pages.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2011-01-06 13:52, Al Angello wrote:
Donald
If you read my post again you will see that I said $11 for a marketing course is about right.

Not quite Al. The price has to end with a 7 Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
There are also free chapters, MP3 file, etc. on the website that I linked to. Not just Amazon.

- Donald
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Peter,

Thank you for your kind words about my program.
I would like to point out that the cost of membership does not end in a 7!

Best,
James
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22403 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-01-06 13:27, Al Angello wrote:
An $11 "book yourself silly" course is unheard of. When someone copys that course, and charge hundreds of dollars for it people around here will fall in love with it.

Al, that is exactly what they do. I once worked for a Motivational and Sales Training Company. That is what they do, go through all the books and re-write the material to make it 'their' program and sales seminars.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
"There is more than one way to skin a cat", but can there really be hundreds of ways to market yourself without saying the same thing over, and over again?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22403 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Al, it seems there are hundreds of ways to say the same thing, different approaches was well.

I guess it like all those thousands of love songs coming out every day. They all say the same thing, but they re-arrange the words and melody to say the same thing.

You don't have to buy all the books, one or two will do, to get you going. If you do want to persue more that is up to the individual, but all the reading in the world will not bring in income and shows. At some point you need to follow the advice and actully do the work. Hopefully, with a strategy to follow and knowning what to say and how to close the sale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Dave Dee/Jack Turk's course (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL