The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Crystal Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
Forgive me if you've heard one like this before, but I though of it as an invention of my own.

I call it the Crystal Box. A large box, made out of glass, held together with ornate gold trim (maybe antiqued, to look like you got it out of your grandpa's attic). A trapdoor in the floor, to go over a trapdoor in the stage.

I haven't quite thought of presentation. Obviously, the box is meant to be big enough to make people appear. I would probably cover it with a gold cloth, and then make up a rhyme for the person I was producing.

Smile Smile Smile
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2036 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I like the idea of a glass case--crystal box, rather. Maybe you could make your grandpa appear at the end of a whole act using things from his attic!

Smile

--alan
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5273 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Welcome young (and beautiful) Tina! I am so glad to see some thinking and performing youngsters getting seriously into magic. Especially female youngsters!

Your effect has been done in one form or another before. But no worries! Build it and perform it anyway! Your method may be unique (or may not but who cares!).

I doubt if I would set the glass chest on the floor and use a trap. Few venues have traps anymore. I think that I would build a table to sit it on. The table would do the dirty work.

I love the idea of a female magician using male assistants. Especially if they can be made to look bigger than they are!

Personally, I will keep checking your web site to see if you are going to be performing anywhere near me (I do a bit of traveling so that can be anywhere!) so that I can catch your act!

In the light of the Goddess!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Earth
121 Posts

Profile of Illusionist
Yes, the trap door thing has been done to death. BUT... this is one of the strongest Illusion gimmicks I know of if you use it properly.

Mmm...coffe and doughnuts Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Crystal Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL