The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Mental Balloon maigic trick Any thought??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Anyone ever mess with this magic trick???

Doc
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
The one with the 4 different colored balloons? Ends with a prediction? Café member Billfromoregon took this and made it into an absolute work or art. It ended up involving brightly colored bugs and you have one on your back at the conclusion of the routine. I can't rave enough about it.

Steve
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Yeah that's the one.

Where can a person find bilfromoregon?

Was this a private trick or is it on the market?

Doc
solylkundu
View Profile
New user
Kolkata, India
19 Posts

Profile of solylkundu
Hello to you all,
Extremely sorry for participating in this thread after a long interval; you will know in a while “why”?
Nevertheless, I make it clear that the original name of the effect concerned is “Balloon-‘O’-Mental”, and not ‘Mental Balloon or else.
When I visited, Morrissey Magic in Toronto, sometime ends October in 1997, and introduced myself as a visitor from Kolkata (erstwhile Calcutta) I was not welcomed. The person behind the counter started blaming Sam Dalal (a well-known figure in magic) for ripping-off their wares. I had no idea about it, and I just brushed aside his comments. However, I remembered Edwin Hooper (Supreme Magic, UK) firing Lou Tannen for ripping-of his products. Thus, it proves there is no ethics amongst dealers in magic worldwide.
Why I am recounting all these at once? Because, my friend and one of the best magic creators of India Gora Datta is a victim of blatant ‘rip-off’ that is now rampant in magic. Gora Datta was a regular contributor of his ideas to Club 71—house magazine of Repro Magic in UK, and had bagged several awards for his offbeat creations. However, one of his ideas “BALLOON – “O” – MENTAL” (appeared in the winter 1999 issue of the Club 71) had invaded into the minds of magicians and the Mentalists (sic!) like a viral fever. In addition, the dealers around the world have found the effect’s potential for marketing. Consequently, they were quick to commercialize it.
Now, in the upcoming issue of The Gimmick MagiZette which will be released via http://www.lybrary.com by first week of September—please do note that we have published Gora’s “Balloon-‘O’-Mental” ‘as it is’. Therefore, those who are inclined to the magic effects with flavors of mental magic with apparatus are now able to make this splendid effect without spending bunches of money feeding the hungry dealers—of course, they should not have all thumbs. If you have any queries and/or the issue right now, please contact me at thegimmickmagizette@gmail.com
Thanks for bearing with me so far!
Regards and best wishes to you all,
solylkundu
solylkundu@gmail.com
Magic Makes Merriment.

Merriment is Magnified by

Solyl Kundu, The Magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Mental Balloon maigic trick Any thought??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL