The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » "Our Magic" by Maskelyne and Devant (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2017, ViolinKing wrote:
Dick: there are some details in "Hiding the Elephant. ". I skimmed it. He was allowed to return, spent the last of his days in hospital.

Thank you for the reference! (I couldn't remember the details of Devant's expulsion and, later return).

The biggest "thing" that I ever "hid" was a dove! But, since I was "involved" with several circuses, I've "washed an elephant or two". I checked my copy of "Hiding...", and, found the brief mention of Devant's "return to the circle".

I was interested, partly because I was an AIMC (with gold star!). Jay Marshall had asked me to join, back in the '70s. I resigned, years later, as I had no real interest in the news from over there...

Reading Devant's routines in "the" book, when I was a bit younger, gave me an appreciation for his philosophy.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » "Our Magic" by Maskelyne and Devant (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL