The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Cash Flow by Juan Pablo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
OK - I've been playing with Cash Flow, and I'll share my thoughts on this. I don't have a lot to add to Mike's review, since his review is pretty much right on. What I will say is it is versatile and limited to your imagination. I'm not sure yet which I like best to do... changing a check to bills or multiplying bills - or even a transposition. But it's fun to do. It looks quite like real magic and is certainly a fooler. At first I amused myself doing it over and over in front of the mirror. With a good presentation I think you will totally amaze your audience. The only issue that I see at this point is that it is so good, your spectator is going to want you to repeat it. It is just a little angle sensitive and can't be repeated right away like Extreme Burn (although I would use it as part of a routine that uses EB or some other method).

Gimmick: 5 out of 5. Not difficult to make, but I appreciated that one was supplied already made up.
DVD quality: 5 out of 5 -- direct and to the point - no fluff. Easy to follow.
Instructions: 4.5 out of 5 -- very clear, but more suggestions of use and presentations would be nice.
Price: Would be high if it did not include a made-up gimmick, so I would say it's a fair price.
Overall: a "5". This is a real worker for the bill-switch enthusiast.

That's it. Juan Pablo continues to create new ways to amaze with paper currency.

Dennis D.
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Great reviews guys. Thanks.

I also like the "change" routines with bills and plan to get this. One question, regarding the gimmicked bill.....Obviously it can't be handed out, but can you casually (quickly) show it, front and back, as you hand out the other bills?

Thanks,
Mike
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Yes. No worse than Extreme Burn.

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 9:56am
(that sounded negative... both EB and CF can be handled naturally and do not look suspicious)
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
DDuane. Understood. Thanks for the response. Time to get this!
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I just ordered CF based on the great discussion here. I have EB and it's the most "requested" effect I do. CF should be another great addition to my arsenal!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Same here, I just ordered Cash Flow based on the comments on this thread. I will try to add to the discussion in a week or so!!!

Thanks and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I have been using CF this week at my restaurant gigs. As you get the knack of it, it becomes very undetectable as to what really happened - like EB. I used it as an opener and with patter went into EB as part of a routine. I love the illusion -- but I'm having a little trouble with how quick it is over. It doesn't give the spec enough time to get engaged into the plot or mystery of it. They just kind of look at me like they must have missed something or weren't paying close enough attention, and you can't really repeat it. However, it does make the spec pay more attention to the next thing you do -- which is great for adding more amazement to EB or the Pablo bill switch. I'm sure I'll come up with a better presentation. I'm going to make one that is a $10 or $20, and then "make change" with it into 2 5's or 10's. That might be better for the spec to relate to. There are many other combination/switches that can be done with this. It comes with material to make one other, but I hope additional material will be made available in the future.

Dennis
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I purchased it as well, but I am not sure the slightly more restrictive angles and th issues dduane pointed out mean I will be using it. Reset is fast but not automatic like EB and I am not sure I would do both in the same set although maybe I am missing a good routine.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I was concerned about the angles, but it turned out to not be a problem in actual performances. It is over a little to fast, though.

The patter I used (not great but still working it out): "You know - they don't take checks here (showing check), so I told the cashier 'not a problem - I have cash too (the change)'. It helps to be a magician when you go shopping (spec laughs); like when I only had $5 at the register at Target the other day. I told the cashier, 'Not a problem. I'm a magician!' And before they called security (spec usually laughs) I just snapped my finger (EB change) and was all set. They still wouldn't take my money! They thought it would change to ones in the drawer.... only if I snap my finger (change)!"

The key to Cash Flow, I think, is somehow really getting the spec's close attention when you start.

Just my thoughts -- Dennis
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks for the feedback, still working on it.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I have been using it for a bills across routine. Works smoothly and logically. Love it!

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 10:22am
Forgive me if this is vague - I don't want to expose anything here.

I made one with the backs instead of the faces, and used it in a bills across routine. I counted the bills, did what I needed to add 2 bills, which positioned it third bill in. I then turned the fan face up and had them hold onto the bills.

I did just the opposite with another one to make 2 bills vanish (In my hands - all the time and misdirection I needed). I did my thing, then showed 2 bills vanished from my stack. I took the bills she was holding and counted them out for everyone to see, showing 2 bills traveled.

WORKS GREAT!!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Mine does not seem to close securely with extra bills in it (I mean even 1) am I doing something wrong? Thanks
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
You may need to break in your gimmick a little bit. Or use your fingers to press.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Hi everyone,

I'm considering get this, is it difficult to build one?
Since I live in Taiwan, I have to make another one that suitable for my currency.
And How is the angle problem?

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
US currency is actually made of a linen paper. I assume your bills are made of the same material? If so, you won't have any problems. In fact if the currency can fold, it can be used.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
EventEntertainer: How are your audience reactions to the bills across? I like the idea, because it has more 'plot' to it than just a quick change. As I said in an earlier comment, the change is almost too fast. The spec doesn't have a chance to 'get into it' - although it's a good opener to get attention. I've noticed, too, that the bigger the denomination, the bigger the reaction. I wish I could do all my bill magic with $100 bills! Can't afford it.. :O |
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
The same as any bills across. the reason is the change is not noticed until I am ready to point it out Smile

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 4:46pm
By the way, I use ones. The denomination doesn't really matter since the audience can only see "colored shapes of paper" for the most part. If someone disagrees, please at least let me live my lie
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I would agree that for bills across the denomination doesn't matter. I was referring to bill changes where you multiply or change the value. A 1-to-100 is more powerful I think than a 1-to-5. Often the spec will say, "Ya, but can you change it to a hundred?". I am working on changing a $20 bill to two $10's with Cash Flow. Wish I could afford making a hundred to two 50's...
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
"Ya, but can you change it to a hundred?"

I could, but don't want to deal with the I.R.S. ... Again. I STILL have nightmares Smile

I have also "flicked" the corner of the bill which makes the change a little more visual (in my opinion), and helps with the change.

Here are 2 ideas I haven't tested yet:

change a lottery ticket to cash - a winner!

Using Monopoly money and changing it to real money (Or a different denomination)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Cash Flow by Juan Pablo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL