The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Endless Chain / Fast & Loose Reference Guide (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
174 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
I've updated the Reference Guide to Fast & Loose / Endless Chain on my non-commercial website at:

http://magicref.tripod.com

The specific link is: http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/magchain.htm

Also a short article on the effect at: http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artchain.htm

As always, additions or corrections are always appreciated!

Special Thanks to Genii Magazine and Hayden's School For Scoundrel, who also have Bibliography pages on this effect.

Doug Atkinson
Conus
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of Conus
Great work...
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Thanks again Doug. I am a frequent dipper into your work. Glad it's out there.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
There is also a routine Clyde F. Cairy presented in Stewart James' Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks.

Cheers
Learn something new everyday.
topchange52
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of topchange52
For any Magic Circle members out thereTerry Guyatt submitted his Fast and Loose routine in the Circular magazine a couple of months ago.
topchange52
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of topchange52
Re my mail above it was actually the October 2010 edition of the Circular pages 304-5 that featured Terrys routine
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Great work Doug!
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Not sure if anyone is interest but I had come up with a version of fast and loose done with a rubberband.

Fast and Roose, Extreme Rubberband Magic DVD.

-Joe
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
174 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
I see I'll have to add some additions.

Also, I owe an apology to Whit for mis-spelling his last name! I must of had Allan Hayden's name on my mind...

I've corrected the same error in my Fast & Loose article, but I'm glad I had it right in the main reference guide!

Thanks to Mike for pointing that out to me.

Doug A.
cdmdu
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cdmdu
Thank you for this great work!
Ken Abbott
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Abbott
There is a performance by Harry Lorayne on Gene Maze's Bottom Dealing video. He uses three pegs and a chain (several beautifully choreographed phases) then finishes with the standard figure eight method. It is a great routine and I often wonder why more persons don't perform it.

General procedure: chain wrapped around three pegs - spectator chooses which peg will "catch" and he loses; repeated; chain wrapped around only two pegs making it easier but spectator's choice still comes loose; finally use only one peg and the figure eight. There is even a phase where the chain is wrapped around one specific peg several times compelling him to choose that peg, and he is wrong. If he thinks you are trying to sucker him into choosing that peg and he chooses the other, he is still wrong. Makes for some great fun.

Ken Abbott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Endless Chain / Fast & Loose Reference Guide (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL