The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » This forum seems a bit off... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Great suggestion Frank! Let's hope someone listens.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos Frank......
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2011-08-21 08:00, Sealegs wrote:
Plus I thought I'd add my own plea to those who insensately and regularly post their mindless, unfunny, vacuous contibutions to these game theads...Please stop and let these theads die a dignified death. As it is they are limping on in a vegetive state... the kindest thing to do is to let them go and put them to rest. You must know in your hearts it's the kindest thing to do.

If gagtag was being used as intended ie an exercise in creative writing I would have no problem with unfunny. When writing material I do write down a lot of rubbish before I get a good one. It's part of the process.
My beef with the game threads is the ridiculous idea that they have to be about magic because this is the comedy magic forum (allegedly). WHo tells jokes about magic in their magic act? And for that matter who tells jokes about their online chums in their act? It's just pointless and incestuous.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Art

What is art? Who is to say that bad jokes are not as artistic as well as highbrow humour or discussions that pick something apart until it's not funny.

- - - - - - I will sit back now and await the abuse that's sure to come my way.

On the other hand, If the political humour would go away, that would cut-out half the posts. So you see... where someone else thinks that political humour is funny, I don't (usually). And there we are again. Art... what is art and who decides if something is funny?

Incidentally, Some people (I'm guilty) have a part of their brain that becomes addicted to posting, which might explain a few things.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
There IS such a place...under " the words we use" is a forum called "comedy theory and writing." Its late on the page, but there are several good discussions going on there,
Perhaps someone could add a link?

Comedy Writer
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Thanks comedy writer.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
And thank you Harris...
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I looked in today on this section of the Café and all but 6 threads were numbing, unfunny, game threads.

Maybe it's time to move discussions of comedy magic elsewhere o this site?

Maybe the 'Friend of a Friend' section? Afterall it has hardly any traffic (only 24 threads) and that way those that enjoy posting on their 150+ page game threads can carry on here and maybe the Café can be then talked into changing the Friend of a Friend section into an area which involves a, 'general discussion on comedy magic' which is what this section of the Café is supposed to be about.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I think the problem is in the forum title "Now that's funny."

If, instead of being clever but actually misleading (unless one bothers to read the forum description), the forum was just named "Comedy Magic," it might help it to get back on topic.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Golly, I put an inquiry in the I Want To See The Manager a few days ago that never got answered. I did not know this issue had come up before. My bad bump.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Kind of off topic but your username reminded me of a classic heckling story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Douglas
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
A lot of dimwits claim to be me but I have learned to ignore them like I ignore the little voices in my head, all of which claim to be Spartacus.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Bump. I think Magicgeorge had a great idea with the gag tag type stuff. I think it's good for practicing writing lines and getting the creativity going. That being said, there are so many now it's hard to start a new post, or see if someone needs help with something, because it quickly disappears down the page. Probably would help to have a secondary section for writing comedy and writing exercises.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » This forum seems a bit off... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL