The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Star Wars Or Star Trek? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 20:12, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Dorky or nerdy Satanists?

That's kind of par for the course for most satanists.
Most satanists (especially those who you know are satanists) are pretty nerdy/dorky who are trying to make up for a lack of confidence and social skills.
Now MAGICIANS on the other hand... Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You are right, and the lil' fella's try to scare people by saying "I'm a Satanist....". They are so cute.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
It's funny that even the founder of the Church of Satan admitted several times that it was a scam (take a little Ayn Rand and a little Nietsche, add some incantations, badaboom,) but lonely folks still bought it.

Speaking of Star Trek, here are my opinions:
Original series- the best.
TNG- good, but kind of a PC wussified version of the original.
DS9- kind of dull, but had it's moments.
Voyager- never got into it.
Enterprise- started strong and then turned into Voyager.

Best TNG movie- First Contact
Worst Trek movie- Generations
Best original cast movie- Star Trek 6

Even though I like Star Wars better, I still like the Trek. I even did the whole Star Trek experience thing at the Vegas Hilton. It was awesome.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I wish I could do the Vegas thing with Star Wars... That would be a hoot.

Go do some Mentalism and try to convince some that The Force really exists... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
STAR TREK 6 and STAR TREK 4 my favorite movies.
TNG= PC and DS9=Dull!!!???
Oh the Humanity!!! Smile

As for the CoS, I am of the opinion (semi-educated, but who really knows) that LaVey simultaneously took it both a lot more and a lot less seriously than he stated outright. Similar to many bizarre magicians (which I would classify him as - at least partially). I think that it started from his interests as something of a long running weekend bizarre show and that he practiced at least some of the ceremonial that he preached. I also think that a lot of people gathered around him who took it a lot more seriously than he did and he kind of took advantage of the position he was in and kind of became trapped in the position he was in. He seemed to be good at telling his "close associates" and others exactly what they wanted to hear and to encourage them to think of themselves as some of the few who really "got it."

My grandmother, a singer in the forties (one of the "Three Honeys") apparently knew LaVey; but sadly I never got around to asking her about the details and she passed recently. I remember I played her one of his CDs one time, she loved the organ playing but groaned when he attempted to sing!

...Do you think LaVey would have liked Star Wars or Star Trek better? Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Star Wars Or Star Trek? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL