The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wayne Houchins THREAD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
So yesterday I performed WH's thread for the first time, well 2 times yesterday. My eye feels like It has a rope burn and the whole bottom half of my eyeball is bloodshot.

Just thought Id share.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
PS. Both times I got an !@#$%^& HUGE reaction from people.

Ahh the price of entertaining people. lol
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Was your thread clean? be careful as it´s very easy to get the eyes infected.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Wayne is a great Magician but I can't believe this is a good idea.

I worry about both of you in the long run.

-Mary Mowder
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Some people are more sensitive to infection than others. May I suggest you to stop it and pass to something else safer?!?! This trick is one of the dummest thing to have hit the market. And It's good guys like you, who have faith in the "inventors" (..."he would not sell it if it was dangerous!...) that pay the price for their lack of conciousness. Be carefull for your integrity because no one else would.
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
I don't perform this effect. I got hooked by the hype. then practiced it a few times and that´s it.
I agree it is dangerous. the chances to not get an infection can only be minimized.
and I just can´t get comfortable with the feeling of having a ****** in the ***.
huangja
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of huangja
I bought this too due to the hype. I don't see myself practicing it, let alone performing it. To me it's a perfect TV effect but not practical for "live" when you have to set up and wait for the right moment.
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
It does require sacrifice.
It is a very strong effect no doubt about it. I am just not one to mess around with my eyes.
The teaching on the dvd is very good, but I don't know that that can prevent you from possibly causing some major or minor damage to yourself.
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
The effect LOOKS great! I dedicated a couple of hours shortly after receiving the dvd. The discomfort level was so high! My eye was red for two days because of this. A simple microbiology course and years of training in the field of science apparently was not enough for me to keep from trying. You stand a great chance of either doing structural damage to your eye or receiving a bacterial or virus infection. I do not recommend anyone try this!
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
I own this DvD but I've never done the effect... Did you guys not use viscene or something. I agree though it does not seem safe
Gustavo Vierini
View Profile
New user
Brazil
27 Posts

Profile of Gustavo Vierini
I don't like to use this method (put the thread really inside the eye). I prefer the second way to perform it, is 100% more secure and the effect is almost the same for the spectators...i mean the "Sleight of hand method" that WH explain on the DVD.

I witnessted it with my spectators and the reactions are great.

Greeting's from Brazil!
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
Yes, I did use visine/eye drops. The sleight of hand method does not allow you to keep your eye open. But, it I would imagine still play big...it is the safe way to go!
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
If you squint it kind of gives the more painful look though... Someone that is okay with actually pulling things from their face should do them both and tell us which one got better reactions
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
I forgot about the sleight of hand version on the dvd.
It actually wasn't bad from what I remember. It is hard to compete with the visual impact of the main method, but definitely the safer route.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wayne Houchins THREAD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL