The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Any example of optical illusion *as* magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 08:55, Binary wrote:
I can't think of the name, but a few years ago I had a trick which used a semi-transparant piece of plastic and a pen.

You put the pen on the spectators fingertips and you could see the pen + their hand through the plastic, but when you turned the plastic the middle of the pen disapeared (the part covered by the plastic), and they can see their fingers through the plastic (they can even wiggle them). I thaught it was a very clever optical illusion, however I never used it more than once, but it might be the sort of thing you are after.

I can't remember the name of the effect though, sorry Smile

The effect is Paul Harris' 'Reality Twister', using Lubor's Lens (which you can buy HERE).
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
You should take a look at 'Dice Illusion 2. The patter to the trick is about optical illusions, and to the spectator it looks just like an optical illusion. But it has that little bit of magic too!

Syd
Ejay
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Ejay
Try Pepper's Ghost. A pane, or two, of glass, and some lighting, coupled with some costuming, and showmanship, produce a transparent spirit floating in mid air.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I have a mentalism effect based on one of the optical illusions mentioned in this thread as well as an alternative handling requiring no optical illusion.
If you're interested in receiving a free copy, the first ten people to email me at regblackwood@quicknotist.com with "Optical Illusion" in the subject line will get a copy emailed to them. All I'm asking is that you let me know what you think.
Just give me some time to respond because I'm in a weird time zone "down under" here!
Cheers,
Reg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Any example of optical illusion *as* magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL