The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » For those who do speaking combined with your magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of jonathandupree
Do any of you who speak a lot use a service called http://www.eSpeakers.com ? If so, how has it been working for you? I noticed a lot of speakers who use it say it is the backbone of their scheduling and event management.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22349 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I know a professional magician that has used a speakers bureau for many years. He get excellent bookings from his speakers bureaus and great income as well.

This is an excellent source to use, not your listing but Speaker Bureaus, in general. You need an excellent promo DVD and a great picture that they can publish in there paper catalog and on line.

You can get a lot of gigs for afternoon recognization banquets and multiple bookings is not uncommon for the same company.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I don't believe espeakers.com IS a speakers bureau, at least from what I see, it would seem to be a group or suite of tools for speakers to use to manage their business. So wm in your post are you saying you know people (magicians?) that use these tools?? They do sound interesting.

B
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

ESpeakers is not a speakers bureau. It is an event management and calendar management tool. It is also speaker bureau friendly.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

It also allows people to hold a date, confirm a date, book online via the online booking assistant, looks like a lot of great resources. I am going to use it for a while and will let you guys know how it works out.
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Blair is correct. They are not a bureau, but a speaker support service. A number of bureaus, however, use their service for listing speakers on their own website.

I used espeakers when they first came out several years ago, but dropped it because I wasn't using it enough. They are a great vendor and one of the sponsors of the National Speakers Association. They also manage the speaker profiles for NSA.

I really like the people who run it and their business model, and will take another look at their service this year. They have made some great updates and it is better than ever.

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Thanks Jim. I am also joining NSA this month as well. I toured eSpeakers and watched a webinar, looks like a very valuable resource.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22349 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Blair, thanks for the clairfication, I guess the original post was very poorly worded and not fully explained at what he was speaking about. That is a problem with people on the Café, just don't want to express themselves fully. No problem, tools can always benefit many people.

No, I know professional magicians who use use speaker bureaus as their agents.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

I didn't word it poorly at all. I never used the word bureau at all. I used the word service. And I was only aski g advice from people specifically using the service provided by espeakers. The problem on the Café are people who jump in and take over a thread and always try to throw in a negative word.

If you don't know what espeakers.com is then don't post on this thread.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-01-14 09:55, jonathandupree wrote:
I didn't word it poorly at all. I never used the word bureau at all. I used the word service. And I was only aski g advice from people specifically using the service provided by espeakers. The problem on the Café are people who jump in and take over a thread and always try to throw in a negative word.

If you don't know what espeakers.com is then don't post on this thread.

LOL Jonathan! I am a Catholic Speaker and Evangelist. I am also a magician. I am in the process of combining the two. I am in the process of investigating a couple of speaker's bureaus...
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Quote:
On 2011-01-13 23:27, wmhegbli wrote:
I guess the original post was very poorly worded and not fully explained at what he was speaking about. That is a problem with people on the Café, just don't want to express themselves fully.

wmhegbli, as has been suggested before in this forum, I suggest you only post about things you know about and understand. It's "magicians helping magicians' remember, not hindering.

The original post was quite clear and your attempt at "spin" tragic. Every post you make here just reinforces the opinion of most people here about your "advice".
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Wmhegbli has given me good advice in the past.

This seems like a simple misunderstanding.

-Mary Mowder
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Just an update, I have been using http://www.espeakers.com for the last two months and LOVE it. I also use the online booking assistant. You can check her out on my site, http://www.TheBusinessMagician.com/Booking.html I have actually booked 3 events so far from the online assistant and received an email saying I had dates reserved. My online assistant sent out contracts and confirmed the events for me! Very cool.

Again, this is not a bureau, it is a scheduling and event management software.

Jonathan

P.S. Mary, I am not offended by Wm's post, I do find it funny though that he immediately went negative and didn't bother to realize he didn't read my post correctly. But it's all good.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
269 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
I did check out your online booking assistant on http://www.TheBusinessMagician.com/Booking.html .

I couldn't find her on http://www.jonathandupreemagic.com/ . Do you plan to have her (it?) help on all your sites? Is there a per-site charge?

Thom
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

I am actually in the process of redesigning that site. My main sites are http://www.TheBusinessMagician.com and http://www.MagicSalesCoach.com. you can use the widget on as many sites as you want.

Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » For those who do speaking combined with your magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL