The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » They don't stock 3" x 4.5" manilla 'pay' envelopes anymore... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have been looking for this size/type of envelope that we've seen a million poker-sized card packet tricks come in, and no one seems to stock them anymore. Been to the big office supply stores, Target, Walmart, no go.

One of the office stores said they were discontinuing them - probably just meant they weren't carrying them anymore, but I was surprised they are not generally available anymore, unless I am missing a source.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Staples has them online: look here. They call them "coin envelopes".
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah, I've never had a problem finding them, might be the store just doesn't' have 'em in stock.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thank you, Bill - I do appreciate the assist. I've never known them by any specific name, so this info will likely help me track them down more efficiently in the future.

I didn't think they would be unobtainable, or not be made anymore. For some reason it was just suprising to see something that had been so commonly available suddenly not be. Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
My pleasure.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Santa I went to 4 office supply stores...but not Staples. You never know. There's one not too far away, so I'll try there before following up on Bill's assist.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Less coins and direct deposit = not that many envelopes eh?
You know why don't act naive.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I had to buy a big box of 'em
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
You can also try typing what your looking for on google. You get several online sources who most likely will have better prices than the big office stores.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quill has everything, cheaper, and delivers in 1-2 days (at least, they do where I am).
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I think the wording of "pay envelope" is what part of the problem is. They had been also called that and as such had printed on them spaces to put in the amount of currency, coin and the total combined. That's probably why you can't find them as pay envelopes the manufactures have finely caught up with the times and are fazing the "pay" envelope out. Coin envelope will probably get you what you want.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » They don't stock 3" x 4.5" manilla 'pay' envelopes anymore... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL