The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » The Cap, The Coin, and The Marker from Flicking Fingers: The Movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
This effect is incredible, it is ideal impromptu because you produce a coin, then put an X on it, then vanish the marker then the coin the reproduce the marker then the coin is in the lid then you put the marker away and then the coin, THEN the marker reappears then it changes to a JUMBO marker then a JUMBO COIN comes out of the lid. This really is a beautiful thing and is typical of the brilliance of Flicking Fingers who are now top of my magic list (sorry PH). (Thats a long sentence) If you do not own The Movie, why not?!?
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
My hope is that it looks in performance less confusing than it reads. With that many surprises I can see how a spectator who is only about "half there" could miss the apparent lack of logic to what was going on.

Dai Vernon is quoted as saying something to the effect that; "confusion is not magic."

Do you consider it an opener, a closer or in what context would it work best?
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Shadowzen
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Shadowzen
You have to check the video out. It is not a confusing routine, and all of the abovementioned effects are logical. It really is a fantastic routine... Its parlor magic though, and I don't consider anything that requires jumbo coins, jumbo markers, a jacket, and some coin preparation to be impromptu.

There is a shortage of really good magic videos that show great magic routines that can be done with unprepared everyday objects. That said, Finger Flickers is still a fantastic video... I just wouldn't recommend it as impromptu material.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
Do you consider it an opener, a closer or in what context would it work best?

At a magic club meeting.
Shadowzen
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Shadowzen
It would also work well in a martini bar, or anywhere jackets are commonplace. Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of places where jackets are common attire anymore.

I think it makes sense to use it as an opener, to introduce a magic marker that you will be using to have people sign cards.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
It's not impromptu it uses a pull, if you call that impromptu
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
It requires some sleeving hence the jacket, but it doesn't use a pull....
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
Ow yeah sorry I kinda forgot I didn't see the vid in a looooong time
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » The Cap, The Coin, and The Marker from Flicking Fingers: The Movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL