The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Urban Underground - Singapore's JC Sum with Magic Babe Ning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Urban Underground – The Close-Up Magic Show

Ok, first things first, don’t buy this set of DVD. It is not good; Ning and JC Sum don’t know what they are talking about. You won’t be a better magician even if you own this DVD……..nah, that’s the selfish side of me talking. Seriously, this is one of the best DVD I’ve seen. I say this not because I know JC or because Ning and I are good friends but this set of DVD is really top notch.
Though there are only 6 routines in this set, they are very good routines which you can use each routines individually or combine them as a show by itself. I have seen some of the routines performed many years ago and they have evolved and improved over the years. You will need certain props to perform the routines. The props are easily available in the market but some can cost quite a bit. The more serious magician would probably already own some of the props.
Let’s talk about the routines

Silver Teleportation 2.0
A two phased coins across routine starting with a 3 fly followed by a coins across using a spectator’s hand. When I first saw the performance of the 3 fly routine, I thought he was using more than one gaff and I was wrong. It was a “standard” type of gaff used in such routines. There are no fishy moves here and they look really magical and good. The in-the-hands coins across looks good and with participations from the spectator, it makes the routine even more impossible and magical.

The Elusive Pea
Six phase Three Shell game routine. You can perform this full routine with the Jumbo shells or you can just remove the jumbo shell part of the routine and perform it with the regular shells. This is a fun and enjoyable routine that has lots of spectator’s participation.

Inverted Aces
You will need to perform this routine seated. You will need to procure are a Omni deck, a rainbow back deck and regular deck of cards. The routine has a nice sequence of a Four Ace routine combined with a triumph type of sequence.

4x3
My favorite routine in this DVD. If you want to perform the entire routine, you will need to own a set of coins which may cost quite a bit. However, you may also choose to perform this routine without the ending that JC does. The routine starts with a Matrix followed by a coins assembly without using cards. Some of the moves in this routine will require some practice. The good thing about this routine is that there are no extras used (that is if you perform it before the kicker ending).

International Passage
A coin box routine using various coins. This is a fun and multi-phased routine. There are many surprises and also 2 kicker endings. Another well thought out and motivated routine.

Dice Explosion
Not your standard dice stacking routine. This routine adds variations and magic to your dice stacking routine. Multi-phased and a clever set-up with a few surprise ending. Nice!

I have always like JC’s way of constructing his routines as well as his motivation and reasoning behind each move/ routine. The interview segment provides good information on JC’s thoughts on the magic scene and how one should go about dealing with it. He even includes credits and information on where he bought his props from. This is a good set of DVD which I think the serious magician should own. Highly recommended. Rating 4.75/5

You can get the DVD here
Bernard Sim
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Any chance this is available via a US source?

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Urban Underground - Singapore's JC Sum with Magic Babe Ning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL