The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Illumini now hosted by Smoke and Mirrors UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Not sure if anyone is familiar with John C Moore and his Spirit Light ? A wonderous little thing for seance and spirit work ?

Well I purchased one last year and was just blown away by the craftsmanship of this tiny little thing.

Believe me when I tell you I am an effect snob ! But the thought that has gone into the smallest of detail you wouldnt even imagine is something rarely seen.

Im sure most can guess how such a device would work and most would not be wrong, however this is where John has gone above and beyond the norm in my opinion.

He has enabled the device to be flexible that it can be performed in any clothing you wish, from a distance, held by a spectator with you tied up, it really is a clever little piece of kit.

In face I was so impressed that the 'Spirit Light' as it was known then, should have had more people knowing about this top class prop that we decided to host it via Smoke and Mirrors and it was renamed Illumini.

In the interest of disclosure, I paid for my item, which I adore and I do not receive any profit for hosting.

Anyways. For those who like their products to be well made and look stunning .. here ya go !

Evie x
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Am I right in understanding that this unit can be operated from a distance held by a spectator or sitting isolated at a distance ? Just wanting to clarify ( I hardly need to fish for methods .just in case the flamers begin ...)
Regards Mark
E.O.I
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Yes. Your totally right Mark.

The Spectator can be holding the item isolated and you can be at a distance away.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Lovely , that's clarified that one , cheers Evie x
Mark
E.O.I
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1871 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
JC is a true craftsman and gentleman. I am so looking forward to this arriving. The pictures look amazing Evie. I like the 'assembly' aspect of this and the 'distance' you can achieve with it. Looks good for parlour and stage. Nice!

Dr T
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
887 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
I agree Todd, JC is a fine craftsman and an asset to the Psycrets society...

Dan

Lebanon Circle
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Wow Evie! Looks incredible....

S&M are bringing out too many good things!
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Todd, Dan and Freds thanks chaps.

Im not usually one to fall in love with a prop (Besides my dome) but this thing is just sooooo clever and flexible !

Evie x
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
We are now taking orders for wave two of Illumini which will start production on the 1st February.
Wave one slots were filled quite quickly, so if you wish to join the next slot, please let me know as soon as possible. Pictures avilable on the website http://www.smokeandmirrorsuk.co.uk

Many Thanks

Evie and the Chaps.
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
I want to thank all of those who have purchased one of my Illumini. I have received amazing feedback from all! Illumini is a very versatile creation and not limited to séance use only. I have been excited to hear from the owners, of all the different ways they have come up with to use Illumini…simply incredible! But then I wanted to create something that was as limitless as possible…something that was amazing in use and beautiful to behold. It is always exciting to hear from people when they get their Illumini and have had their first experience with it. Words such as “Awesome”, “Simply beautiful”, “Stunning”, “Second to none”, “Amazing attention to detail”, “Reputation maker”, “A Masterpiece”, are just a few of the things people have said…its enough to give one chills. It has exceeded even my own expectations.

~ J.c. Mooréni

There is another thread about Illumini (aka Spirit Light) on the café. It can be found at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14
S.B. Sims
View Profile
New user
Bend, OR via Las Vegas, NV
3 Posts

Profile of S.B. Sims
I can attest to the care and craftmanship that goes into this incredibly well done piece. Stand alone, it's an amazing work of art for any collector of such device. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface with its potential. I'm also well aware that very few sole proprietors can make a living creating these wonderful items and am very sorry to hear that it's come to the point of having to discontinue making them, even temporarily. I know for a fact that a huge amount of time and costly materials goes into each and every one of these fantastic creations. If you can, while you can, please take advantage of the possibility of owning the Illumini. ~ S.B. Sims
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
This may be your last chance to get an Illumini. In a few months we will be moving some 2,000+ miles away from where we have called home for many years and will be residing in a rental property (size unknown…not many choices where we are going). I don’t know whether I will be able to relocate my shop.

Of the 7 I said I could make in the time left before leaving my shop, only 3 openings are left to be claimed. So if you wanted one of these, best act now because when those last three are taken who knows when or if I will be making them again. Don't miss out! Sorry about this...you never know where life is going to take you...or when.
Sincerely,

J.c.
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
We now have a date set for the last of the Illumini.

Orders need to be recieved by JULY 9th.

Its unlikely anymore will be available until xmas or maybe even next year.

This is your last chance to grab one of these for the halloween season etc.

Thanks everyone for the wonderous feedback.

Evie x
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
Dear followers of Smoke & Mirrors and the Illumini Spirit Light, The time has come that I, J.c. Mooréni (https://www.facebook.com/j.c.mooreni) have decided it best to offer my creations (i.e. The Illumini Spirit Light and others) directly to you via my own website/store.

I am pleased to announce the launch of the new website:
moorenimagic.com
The home of the Illumini Spirit Light...A Device for Paranormal & Supernatural Detection. Perhaps the most versatile "Etheric Energy" detecting device ever created!

Here you will find all of our creations, glass work, custom hand-crafted boxes, Steampunk creations, Magic, Seance and Paranormal items. All made with the highest quality materials and workmanship.

Two sites have been launched on Friday July 13, 2012. The first is a full website, the second is a “mobile” version for your mobile devices. The Mobile version is a shortened version, so please visit the full site to see everything and to make purchases. In the next few months we will be working to add more items to the site and possibly streamline things a bit. We will be updating our main facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MooreniMagic with updates when new items or changes come about. We will also be updating item specific facebook pages such as: https://www.facebook.com/TheIlluminiSpiritLight as information is added. Please be sure to join these pages to be kept updated on new items and news events. Please also click the like button on the websites main page and show your support...help us spread the word!

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks for your support!

J.c.

http://www.moorenimagic.com/
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
Dear followers of Smoke & Mirrors and the Illumini Spirit Light, The time has come that I, J.c. Mooréni (https://www.facebook.com/j.c.mooreni) have decided it best to offer my creations (i.e. The Illumini Spirit Light and others) directly to you via my own website/store.

I am pleased to announce the launch of the new website:
moorenimagic.com
The home of the Illumini Spirit Light...A Device for Paranormal & Supernatural Detection. Perhaps the most versatile "Etheric Energy" detecting device ever created!

Here you will find all of our creations, glass work, custom hand-crafted boxes, Steampunk creations, Magic, Seance and Paranormal items. All made with the highest quality materials and workmanship.

Two sites have been launched on Friday July 13, 2012. The first is a full website, the second is a “mobile” version for your mobile devices. The Mobile version is a shortened version, so please visit the full site to see everything and to make purchases. In the next few months we will be working to add more items to the site and possibly streamline things a bit. We will be updating our main facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MooreniMagic with updates when new items or changes come about. We will also be updating item specific facebook pages such as: https://www.facebook.com/TheIlluminiSpiritLight as information is added. Please be sure to join these pages to be kept updated on new items and news events. Please also click the like button on the websites main page and show your support...help us spread the word!

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks for your support!

J.c.

http://www.moorenimagic.com/
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
Price reduced for a short period of time as a web launch/Halloween order deal. Don't miss out!
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
Price reduced for a short period of time as a web launch/Halloween order deal. Don't miss out!
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
J.c.

I think it was a wise move to go on your own or at least separate from smoke & mirrors. My expierence with Evie was not such a great one. Unfortunately, I received very poor communication from her and seemed to get jerked around about my order. After many, many months, I finally received the one item that I ordered. I've never read any negatives about S&M and have only known positive feedback from past customers, so my expierence came as a surprise.

If I'm alone with my overall S&M expierience than it was obviously a rare occurance, but I do wonder if others have had any issues with their orders during the past 5/6 months. Honestly I'm not sure whats going on with her, but if something is, that kind of service would bring you down. Good luck with the new web. I now have to check out your creations.

CHRIS
J.c.Mooreni
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of J.c.Mooreni
Thanks for the post Chris!

All items I make and have made, including those (The Illumini Spirit Light) that were sold via S&M, while I was associated with them, were handled solely by me (once the order was placed). Evie handled the production and exchange of e-mail of her own work herself (Brain Box, Benedict Box, Hate-He Box, and misc other items). All of my customers received their items within the predetermined time and also received e-mail updates sent from me during the build time. Illumini build time is 4-6 weeks and I have always hit that deadline...usually providing weekly updates to my buyers as the build(s) progressed...including shipping address confirmation and shipping notifications so the buyer knew when to be looking for a box DIRECTLY from me (all items were shipped directly from me and not from S&M). Seeing how I handled all of my own product once an order was placed I operated somewhat independent of what Evie was or was not doing. As mentioned, I initiate sending e-mails to the buyers and always respond to e-mails sent to me...I also try to keep in contact with the people I sell to after the deal is done. Sorry to hear of your experience with S&M. Like you, I am not sure what is going on with S&M at this point (I have not had contact with Evie in quite some time), and I do hope that whatever is or has gone on, that it does not bring me down as whatever the experiences may be or have been with S&M they are independent of what experiences with me and my work have been. Just an FYI, I am located in the Pacific Northwest USA...S&M is located in the UK, so this geographical difference is also part of why I am unsure of the goings on with S&M (about 5,800 miles away).

Indeed I am hopeful that if there were issues with S&M that they have not and will not create issues for me moving forward. Any issues with S&M such as mentioned are on the S&M side of things which I had no part of (though I may have been called a "partner" with S&M, I had no say or idea of the operations of S&M and S&M simply listed my product.)

Hopefully this clears any assumptions that I may have been involved in any issues that were created by S&M.

Thank you Chris for wishing me luck and bringing to my attention that I might need to clarify my association with S&M. I will work, as always, to provide high quality creations in a timely manner.

Take care and hope to make something for you in the future!

J.c.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I can attest to J.c.'s outstanding service and communication. I ordered my Illumini when S&M hosted his product. Shipping was on time and communication was constant. What struck me the most(second to the fantastic quality of the piece), was the care in packing the item, right down to the packing tape being labeled with the which direction to pull, so as not to damage the prop!! I have NEVER seen such care with packing a product. I am very happy with my Ilumini and look forward to new things from Mr Mooreni!
Andre
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Illumini now hosted by Smoke and Mirrors UK (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL