The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Multiple Rings & Ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9061 Posts

Profile of funsway
There have been a lot of posts about Ring on Sting and Ring on Rope effects, but none about effects with either multiple rings on a rope, or a ring with multiple ropes and other combinations. Over the years I have performed effects like:

"solid rings & rope"

1) two different rings are threaded on a rope and a selected one falls off.

2) one ring is on a rope with another knotted on -- they switch places

3) three (4) rings are on a rope with the ends held by spectators, The rings are removerd one at a time.

4) one of several rings is removed from a necklace then jumps back on to join the others.

5) two different rings are theaded on two colored ropes. By audience choice they both found on one rope, or one on each.

6) two separate rings are tied on a rope and they become linked, or two ropes on a ring become linked, or ...

many other effects posisble with gimmicked rings/ropes

often such effects can seque from a Linking Ring routine to a Ring on Rope to a Rope routine in any order -- or all at once.

I am considering putting some of these into an eBook, but not sure if there is enough interest to warrent it,
or -- maybe it's aleady been done and I just know it.

PS - contributed effects with credit very welcome.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
It would be great to see something new in this area.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I'd buy it, ring and rope is one of my favorites, have done several variations of it over the years. Always interested in seeing another magi's experience with them.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
Sounds like a great idea. In the past, I have included Pavel's effect from one of his cabaret videos where a red ring tied on a white rope changes places with a white ring on a red rope in my routine, and still sometimes conclude with two different colored rings, one off and one on instantly transposed..

Paul
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
I would buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I do a one ring and two ropes routine much like David Williamson, or Roland Henning.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2778 Posts

Profile of John Long
I would like to see a demo.

BTW, what size rings are you using?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Multiple Rings & Ropes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL