The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » What is your opinion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
273 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Hello everybody. I am interested in your opinion about magic DVDs and magic tricks.
It would help me a lot with my upcoming project.
So, this is the situation: I have a lot new ideas and a lot of new magic routines and tricks. Some are using special gimmicks, some use extra stuff you need and some are without any gimmicks.
I am not a big fan of one trick DVDs, only if it it worth to make a DVD with only one effect.
What would you prefer?
1) one DVD with several Tricks which use some special gimmicks and exra stuff like thread, glue, paperclips,... and all the stuff you need is included but then the DVD is quite expencive!
or
2) one DVD like in 1) but without all the special things included (that means you have to organize it yourself) but the DVD will be a lot cheaper.
3) a DVD with an easy to build gimmick included but the price of the DVD is a little higher
4) a DVD with an easy to buil gimmick but NOT included and you have to build it on your own, but the DVD is cheaper!

You know, I think my new things are really great and I want to publish them on you most favorite way. So if you are happy to pay more for a DVD when all the equipment is included and you can start with the magic right away I will take care of everything and send an all inclusive package. But if you want it more cheap and only the ideas and you take care of the rest, than I can do also this.

So please let me know what you think. The more people tell me their opinion the better.

All the best Alex
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
It's a little hard to say without knowing what is on the DVD. Even if a DVD has many effects I my only end up using one or two of them and often none.
If the gimmicks are truly "easy to build" I would probable prefer the DVD only. That would allow me to invest in the ones which interest me and leave the alone. However one man's "easy to build" is another man's nightmare.
Wes
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
You could offer the gimmick for sale separately.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3245 Posts

Profile of gaddy
DVD + quality made gimmick. Less profit lost due to scumbag dvd pirates, that way...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Before you even consider publishing anything -- with or without the required material(s) -- are you REALLY sure that what you have to offer is new or original, let alone any good? Have you thoroughly researched the magical literature? Will you credit any earlier work(s) on which your own is based?

Unfortunately much of what is published as new and original is anything but and rather than advancing the art merely serves to reflect its creator's lack of scholarship.
Dick Christian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » What is your opinion? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL