The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jamie Badman's Underground Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
Hi

Does anyone have any comments on this:

http://www.asquaredproductions.com/shop/......ange.asp

I've read that it takes a "fair amount of practice" but I wanted to estimate whether its too far above my current skill level. What sleight would it be comparable to in terms of difficulty?

Thanks
Graham
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Quote:
On 2003-07-27 08:25, grahamk5 wrote:
What sleight would it be comparable to in terms of difficulty?

The Curry turnover change

--Euan
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
968 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Hi Graham,

Euan's kind of correct. It's slightly harder than the Curry but not much. The 'flagship' effect for it, Misdirection Monte, is really nice (even though I do say so myself). I did have a vid of it but it had old contact info etc on it - am redoing it and it will be up on the asquared site soon.

If you buy the manuscript and have any difficulties at all with the descriptions of the move, just send me a mail and I'll do all I can to help you learn the move. I see you're in London; I get in to town quite often - would be happy to meet up sometime and show you the mechanics if need be.

Anyway, all the above is no doubt biased (well it would be, wouldn't it!) - but I know I've sold a lot of these and no one has come back to me and said they didn't like it. Some people have said they couldn't do it - and I accept that this is possible - but most moves can be done by anyone with a little practice and anything that's truly worthwhile deserves that practice to make it look as good as it possibly can do.

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
tsm
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tsm
http://www.asquaredproductions.com/shop/......ange.asp

I'm not a big fan of knuckle busting sleight of hand (because I can't do it!)

But I saw undergroundchange in action and thought it was way above my skill level. I had a go at it and got most of the workings in place after a short amount of practice. Now I just need to get fluid movement and Bingo!

I would highly recommend the manuscript.
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
Thanks everyone for the replies - these are helpful in considering whether to get this.
Jamie - thanks for the information and your kind offer of help. I look forward to seeing the video when it's redone as I haven't seen it yet. Am eagerly watching the a2 site!
Graham
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
I'm currently working with Jamie to get the video online as soon as possible.

I know I sell the manuscript so its hard for me to comment; but I can truely say that this is one heck of a move. Over the last couple of years I've watched it evolve to the version that appears in the manuscript and can say that it is a killer move! And its not as difficult as you'd expect.

I'll post here as soon as I manage to get the video online.

--Andi
Noel
View Profile
Regular user
Surrey, England
142 Posts

Profile of Noel
The Underground Change manuscript is excellent. Well produced and everything is well described.

Seeing Misdirection Monte live looks scarily good!
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
968 Posts

Profile of jbadman
As promised, a video clip of an effect from the Manuscript is now available!

It's "Misdirection Monte". I did a clip of this a while back but this is a total re-shoot of the clip which I think you'll enjoy.

It's not streamed so to see a smooth movie you might want to download it to your PC to play it. The clip can be found here.

Smile SPECIAL OFFER Smile

For a limited time only, anyone purchasing The Underground Change will be given access to two additional effects available as downloads, both of which utilize the move. These are "Pondlife" and "The Valentine Card".

For just $15 you'll be receiving three quality downloads describing a VERY useful card move and many effects and ideas you can perform using the move.

Enjoy!

Jamie

Oh, BTW, I'm *always* interested in swapping for my manuscript if you have some notes or a manuscript of interest that you've written. Send me an email at:
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
Quote:
Smile SPECIAL OFFER Smile

For a limited time only, anyone purchasing The Underground Change will be given access to two additional effects available as downloads, both of which utilize the move. These are: "Pondlife" and "The Valentine Card"...

Is the offer already ended? I've just bought the Underground Change and I've only got the main PDF.

Gio
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
968 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Hi Gio,

No it's not. Andi's had trouble with the site. PM me your personal email and I'll send the files over to you. That goes for anyone else out there who's missing the bonus files.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Jamie
gio
View Profile
Loyal user
Genova - Italy
247 Posts

Profile of gio
No problem then. I've just PMed my e-mail. Thanks. Smile

Gio
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
968 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Hi!

"The Underground Change" is now available not from A2 Productions but from our new website.

We have also just launched a brand new set of products in addition to 'The Underground Change' that you may be interested in!

Regards,
Jamie

BTW, I just uploaded a video of the Underground Change being used in one of the effects from the Manuscript—Misdirection Monte!

Take a look; it'll give you an idea of what the move can achieve!

Hope you like it.
steelcityblade
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
3 Posts

Profile of steelcityblade
Cant go wrong with Luke Jermays new book
- Building Blocks -

Also I hear Marc Paul and Jez rose are releasing a book together don't know much about it though. And also Ian Rowland, usualy enjoy his work. But from what I hear the book is still work in progress.

Depends really what you are intrested in.
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
I purchased this effect and not being the worlds greatest exponent of card sleights I was a bit taken aback when I read the move and realised I would have to practice a lot!!!

However, especially now that the video is downloaded and I can see how smooth it all looks I'm determined to my handling perfected.

I think this is definitely one of those moves that will repay the time invested in it handsomely, either that or I'll get a repetitive stress injury !.

Jamie, just one cheeky question (bearing in mind that I think this a good value package), I don't suppose there is any chance of a short downloadable video clip for purchasers showing the move in extreme close up ?
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
968 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Steelcityblade - I think you're on the wrong place mate!

Eggshell! This move is WELL worth the practice. It takes a little work - but anything worthwhile does. The rewards are tremendous.

I've been thinking about a tutorial videoclip myself; this is a good idea. I think I'll do this and include it as part of the download, with existing buyers getting the new download for free.

Watch this space; I'll see what I can do about this. I think it'll help people with the 'work' !

Cheers,

Jamie.
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
Thanks Jamie, besides a 2 week tour of the Caribbean, I don't think theres much else I can ask for for my tenner.

Seriously if this is an example of how you do business I hope you and Underground have every success in the future. This really is what good service is all about.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Jamie,

Are the other two effects using the Underground Change move downloadable (so that you can always have a reference copy on your computer) or are they only viewable online?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
Wow, it would be great to have a video tutorial on the move. I'm going to keep checking back on this thread. Smile

The e-book instructions are very clear too, but I usually learn better if there's a video demo of the actual move as well.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
968 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Turk - there are ten effects in the manuscript using the change, 2 other bonus effects that work well with Misdirection Monte and the other 2 bonus effects that are included, separate from the manuscript, in the download you get when you purchase it!

I'll be honest, however, Misdirection Monte is by FAR my favourite effect from the manuscript; if you watch the video and like it, the manuscript is, in my opinion, worth it for that one effect alone. The other effects I'm particularly fond of are the ones with the stick figures!

The bonus effects IN the manuscript are 'Four Ace-Assins' by myself; a multi-phase effect where a lot of magic happens and - Lucky 14; a SUPERB effect by Sweden's Tomas Blomberg.

Eggshell, the 2 week tour is something we're considering ;-)

Thanks for the kind words; I'll let you all know about the video as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Jamie.
Mr_Nutkins
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mr_Nutkins
How hard is this!!! Way too hard for me! I've been struggling over the past 2 weeks to do a half descent curry turnover which is defeating me and this is harder? I think I'll leave it to you boys who have way too much time on your hands.
Tel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jamie Badman's Underground Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL