The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » My wife the ventriloquist (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
This is my wife Barbara. She has picked up ventriloquism and would like some feedback on her performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIz7OjMxzNs
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Nice one! Just one thing that she need to work on: The puppet only look alive when it is talking. Try to get the puppet move the head around while she is talking to the audience.
-----

Joseph Then

Singapore Ventriloquist
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4194 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Hooray!
Congrats to Barbara!
creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
It's a great start.
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14018 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wonderful!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
marshalldoll
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of marshalldoll
I like the fact that she has great voice distinction. That is a very difficult thing to do so she is without question on the right track.
Dan
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Even if she doesn't want to keep the head in constant motion, she can have the dog fighting with the sleepies and then when she talks directly to him, he can wake up with a start. I agree with Dan, she does have good voice distinction.

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
CaptKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of CaptKirk
Pretty darn good if ya ask me!!
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Ken:
Your wife is clearly an experienced kids performer; she plays the audience very well. I agree that her making the puppet look alive all the time will enhance the act.

Bob
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I think she is doing a very good job, and the kids clearly love it. The dog's voice is very distinct from her own voice. But coming from a secular society it is a bit odd seeing someone using a puppet to preach. Does she do regular shows as well? I'd like to see one.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am new as well, My opinion is Barbara has excellent equipment, the dog figure and the table; she was having a lot of fun; the kids were laughing, having lots of fun. Barbara has a God centered ministry.

Barbara has two options, practice in front of a mirror alone, or practice in front of an audience that gets confidence and make kids happy.

Barbara is taping her routine and she is learning, Barbara is my hero; keep up the great work, you will be a wonderful VENTRILOQUIST
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am new as well, My opinion is Barbara has excellent equipment, the dog figure and the table; she was having a lot of fun; the kids were laughing, having lots of fun. Barbara has a God centered ministry.

Barbara has two options, practice in front of a mirror alone, or practice in front of an audience that gets confidence and make kids happy.

Barbara is taping her routine and she is learning, Barbara is my hero; keep up the great work, you will be a wonderful VENTRILOQUIST
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
SORRY...sometimes I press submit and it posts two times, I wonder why?
Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
This is Barbara. I want to thank you all so much for the encouragement and critique. I see what you mean about the puppet not moving much when I talk. I never noticed that. I taught myself ventriloquism about 5 years ago. I usually open for my husbands magic show. (about 5 min.) Here is another clip I had on you tube. I have since put Zeke's hand in his pocket. I am also thinking of getting a stand to sit him on so I can use a rod on his arm. I am also getting some more puppets and working on different voices. Thanks again and feel free to give me any other suggestions! Oh and yes we do a ministry. My husband is a gospel magician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFeUJN6wulQ
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Barbara:
If you will check out the thread "Figure Table", you will find several GOOD suggestions on locating a GOOD table for your act. - lol

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Barbara, are my eyes deceiving me, is that not a table and a basket centered behind the table in the first video that was posted on this thread?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
TonyB2009,

look at the café index for “The Fellowship of Christian Magicians”, just under "The Society of American Magicians"

Puppets are wide spread in Christian ministries; there are many books and routines on the subject.

My plan is to do as Barbara is doing, Barbara is the opening act for her husband, I will perform to teach the Bible, get audience experience and build my confidence doing children Sunday School shows.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14018 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 21:25, Ken Sibley wrote:
This is Barbara. I want to thank you all so much for the encouragement and critique. I see what you mean about the puppet not moving much when I talk. I never noticed that. I taught myself ventriloquism about 5 years ago. I usually open for my husbands magic show. (about 5 min.) Here is another clip I had on you tube. I have since put Zeke's hand in his pocket. I am also thinking of getting a stand to sit him on so I can use a rod on his arm. I am also getting some more puppets and working on different voices. Thanks again and feel free to give me any other suggestions! Oh and yes we do a ministry. My husband is a gospel magician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFeUJN6wulQ

My fiance and her two girls watched it and absolutely loved it! And they also loved Zeke!

You are fabulously talented!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Regular user
The City of Lights
111 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
He looks and sings better than I do!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » My wife the ventriloquist (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL