We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Mini-Vox speakers for all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Hello all,
Been a while but I come bearing good news for everyone. I have been shopping around looking for a good price on the Mini-Vox speakers and have found some great deals for those people looking for them. After talking to one gentleman and getting the offer in writing I have found:
  • The Mini-Vox Smile
  • Built in wireless receiver
  • Belt pack transmitter
  • Hands-free microphone
  • Rechargeable batteries
  • Carrying bag

The nice thing is these are going for $479.00 + $15-$20. For those of you who have looked, like I have spent the last month doing, this is a great deal. The salesman also mentioned he can possibly discount it for groups sales.

So I was wondering how many others would be interested in picking up this system? This is just a rough count for now but if you are interested leave a reply here or at my email address listed below. For the record I am receiving no commission or fees for this, I just figured if I can help other people out with a good deal, why not?

Mat
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Mat,
We sell Mini-Vox. I think I can beat that price. I'll PM you Monday and let you know.
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Excellent, I await your response.

Mat
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Hey Everyone,
I checked with my distributor and found out that Mat's price for the Mini-Vox with all the accessories is EXCELLENT! If you have been thinking about buying one, this is a deal you can't pass up. Thanks Mat for doing the leg work and sharing with us.
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
OK everyone, here is the email I got from Frank. Feel free to give him a call, he is very nice and friendly to deal with.

"Your prepaid price on the Mini BP system $415 with rechargeable battery pack $479, shipping $15-$20.

Magnavox system wireless $690 the heavy duty speaker stand adds $110, shipping $30-$35.

Shipping includes insurance ground UPS from anchor.

Frank
Filament Pro Audio
462 C Borrego Ct
San Dimas, CA 91773
909-592-2848 fpa30@aol.com"

Mat
RoyHolidayMagic
View Profile
New user
New York
85 Posts

Profile of RoyHolidayMagic
I've had the Mini-Vox... it is a horrible, blurry system. It's much better to build your own using the Fender Ampcan as the amplifier/speaker and purchasing a separate wireless mike.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Your Mini-Vox should not have been blurry, but there are better systems out there for the money.
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
If you are in the market for an Anchor Mini-Vox or something like that you might want to consider the MiPro MA-101 Wireless PA System. It is a similar style of set up with a single 5" speaker and a 28 Watts RMS amp. Mipro is a Taiwanese company that makes a lot of stuff for Fender. The MA-101 is almost the same as the Fender P-10W only it is available with a greater rage of receiver frequencies to choose from. I was considering buying one & found a great price on this unit from a retailer in Taiwan (www.hifi.com.tw). Their published price for the MA-101 is about US$230. This includes a wireless hand held microphone or belt pack transmitter.

I have been told these units are okay for amplifying your voice but music sounds very disappointing over them. Music is a big part of my show which is why I have decided to get something bigger. Now I am looking at the Mipro MA-705.

BTW, the people at http://www.hifi.com.tw told my wife they can read & write English okay to communicate by email but are not confident English speakers. If you call them on the phone you better be able to speak Chinese.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Mini-Vox speakers for all (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL