The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Servants (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
In asking Bill Palmer for advice on which pouch to purchase. He informed me of the difference between a pouch and Servante I always thought they were the same thing. Trying to figure a way to make one home made that I can throw over my busking table top. Yet put in my bag when on the go. If am am unable to though I found this one for only $20 but not sure if it is what I want. Any suggestions or advice? I need one that can hold a large melon and a few small props. http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Foldi......serv.htm
Jeremy Gates
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Check out Frank's site http://www.theambitiouscard.com

I've got the "Kozmo" Servante for a School for Scoundrels table which will last a lifetime. It wasn't cheap, but it has everything one could ask for in a servante. Plus it even serves as a travel case. If you're looking for something less expensive that constructed from leather then check out his table servante.

Best,
MJ
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I am sure the thing is very nice MJ Marrs but I was not absolutely looking for one. If I can find a cheap servante or even instructions to do a homemade one then I will use one. Those are too expensive for me. Perhaps I am looking for something that I can't find cheap but just curious. May eventually want one badly and then I will pay much for one.
Jeremy Gates
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Cool. I am not handy enough to make a servante out of leather, but if you have the tools and expertise then go for it. I know that Gazzo makes his own leather pouches because he's got the skills for doing that type of work. Although, I also recall him stating that pros can't afford cheap props, or something to that effect. So whatever route you take make sure that your servante doesn't look "cheap." Best of luck.

MJ
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I love Kozmo's servant but I just couldn't afford it... so I went to Canadian Tire and found a tool bag with rings sewn into the seams.
I use a tray table for my busking and just put some velcro straps through the rings and on to the table.

It's great. It's big enough to carry my act and a large hat load and it's right under the edge of my table top so "lapping" is a breeze.

$25 altogether.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I didn't know much about a Canadian Tire store and once I had the idea I went to my local Harbor Freight Tools. I got a 100% cotton canvas tool bag. Hard to explain but it has handles that can lay to the side when mounted to the table. Many side pockets all around it. Plus the inside has a lip that may be flipped out. The lip is where I am going to drill holes. I have two spring clamps that I attached small hooks to and I can hook the holes on the bag clamping it to any table. I will update tomorrow when I finish it. This is a little larger than the buskers pouch sold on THE AMBITIOUS CARD but the same hight. Best of all everything has cost me less than $20!
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Velcro straps may be what I want it hangs too low with the clamps. Plus I have a giant rubber band ball for the load which is quite heavy probably ten pounds or more.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I decided upon string tied between the bag and two picture frame hangers. They hook the far edge of the table top and the string nicely rests under my mat.
Jeremy Gates
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I have Ambitious Card's Tabletop and Servante which I attached to a tray stand. Here is my set up:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113

The tabletop cost me $140 used
Servant $149
Tray Stand $10
Eyehooks and velcro about $4
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I love it but so pricy my girl has my SD card right now. When I get it back though I will post some photos.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I really don't understand. I keep trying to attach images and I can't get it right. I type in this message box as it says is required for a post. Then do the browse and attach image. Making certain it is valid file type and not sure about the size though. I don't know how many mb's are in a kb or visa versa but I tried several images. Any help would be appreciated. I have other images for other topics too.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

For whatever reason I never did get around to trying velcrow straps. I did though poke holes in the sides of my bag. Then inserting a metal rod from the hobby shop. This rod rests inside the hooks on the stand supporting the bag far more even and steady than the string did.
Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Servants (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL