We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Alternative to Lighter Fluid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
For those effects that typically require a liquid fuel are they any alternatives that don't have that lighter fluid smell? Smile
Yakworld.
NickOShea
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, Scotland
23 Posts

Profile of NickOShea
While I have no experience, JAC-2 fluid has been recommended in conjunction with fire wallets. Apparently it will last longer and has no smell at all, may be worth looking into.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Hi, Have you ever tried after shave or cologne?
The cheaper the better. they have a lot of alcohol with a little smell.
The flame burns smaller but works fine. The reason lighter fluid works so well is the junk that fluid is made of, because of the impuraties you get a beautiful yellow flame.
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Hey Nick, what is that stuff you mentioned and do you know where it's available? THX
Yakworld.
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I use white gas (coleman fuel) less smell than lighter fluid. And it is safe!!haha (this is a joke) on the can it warns that in the state of California it has been known to cause cancer. So... if you aren't in CA then it must be safe???
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Quote:
On 2002-04-22 19:31, Kent Messmer wrote:
I use white gas (coleman fuel) less smell than lighter fluid. And it is safe!!haha (this is a joke) on the can it warns that in the state of California it has been known to cause cancer. So... if you aren't in CA then it must be safe???

Water is listed as a human carcenogen (sp) in California! Smile don't drink the water!
Tony Chapparo
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
I use coleman fuel for fire eating and it hasn't done me any harm - so far!
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
For Fire Eating and breathing use Pure Parrafin (Kerosine if you are in the USA) and make sure it's pure. (For Fire-eating and a good time you could use alcohol, but its a wimpy flame and you'll get drunk, don't use for firebreathing due to low flash point = blowback) Other stuff will give you blow back, and/or mess up your insides, for more info check this thread on my other favourite site... rec.juggling: http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/article.p......A14%3A01

As for rubber chickens, I would like to try those some day, as the live ones protested!
Jester_Juggler Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Alternative to Lighter Fluid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL