The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Forgetting about the audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Is it safe to say that more than a few magicians are losing sight of performing for laypeople? It appears that way from reading some current threads on this forum. Is the difference between Tallys and Bicycle such a effing deal breaker that it really makes the difference for magic - "My ambitious card routine sucks because I'm not using Tallys". Cheese n' fries.
It seems more are concerned with very trivial boring details of cards and coins especially one trick ponies than improving patter, timing, - basically presentation. It's easy to criticize the tools and not one's skill. Yes, No, Maybe So?
I understand preference, but when others are saying borrowed anything makes it that much stronger then how does that jive with general props ( I understand flippers, shells and such do require that precision) . Hard Working Pros would be exempt from this for obvious reasons I think.
Looking above at the registered members now at 46,118, I always wonder what is the breakdown of Professionals to hobbyist/enthusiasts and also by region.
Does this forum in some way act as a co-dependent in some small capacity enabling magicians to continue perform bad magic by sugar coated responses and foster the denials? My 3-Fly is poor, cause I my coins are not soft, that's why!
Of course it is impossible to truly ascertain anyones's magic experience just from a question or even by their posting level.
I believe I digressed into another subject matter. I know this all sounds negative or even intolerant, yea I can see that. It is not. I'll blame it on currently reading Shattered Illusions by Jamy Ian Swiss.
Part of it is re-re-re-reading rehashed topics of all these polling questions of what is the best. or even better, "What is a stripper deck?" Perhaps I have to to decaf.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
You have to decaf. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I thought so
Thank you for the reply.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Forgetting about the audience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL