The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Beyond ESP 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Well, I feel the same way about Beyond ESP3. No way spec will detect right under his nose. Great for close-up. Took me 3 days to be confident with the marking system and I feel no need for any other ESP cards. I have another paralabs product and it is excellent so the cards likely are as well.

Beyond ESP3 works for me and I am actively using it.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
These cards are great it just took a little more time to get used to the marking system.
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
And it's worth that little extra effort when it does click. You can use them right under their nose -allow them to be examined, whatever. It will be hard to suspect a marking system when their eyes suggest to them that there is none.
mywords4u
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
153 Posts

Profile of mywords4u
ParaLabs ESP cards are very good. Beyond ESP cards are excellent as well so I guess it comes down to personal preference.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have both MOD and Beyond ESP3
I'm awaiting delivery of a pack of the Paralabs cards,
Then I'll be able to do a thorough comparison

Steve
gh256
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of gh256
I look forward to reading your thoughts Steve, I have been looking at purchasing my first set but have not been sure which to go with.

Glenn.
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Just to tag on to this, I'm looking for a clean esp match up routine and a spec stops at the card. For reasons not for a public place I'm not overly keen on maven's version but if there's a resource out there could someone please pm me. Thanks all
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
mywords4u
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
153 Posts

Profile of mywords4u
Quote:
On 2011-04-03 04:03, Matthew_Townsend wrote:
Wow your words really were for me!

Im impressed!

;)

M

I gotta admit, for a second I wasn't sure what you meant lol.

Leo
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Guys P*A*R$A)L@b went to a lot of trouble to set up a website so that anyone looking for the name would find an authentic company so the cards would have greater value. I would appreciate if the moderators would delete this thread as when you google the name of the company and ESP this is what comes up and it destroys the value of the prop.

Julian
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 05:47, Ted wrote:
I think this is just one of those things that is very personal. Eyesight and lighting conditions are very important when using any m****d cards. Some people swear by the Beyond ESP cards, some love the Paralabs ones. I hear some people even like my MK-MOD cards Smile I've used all of these, as well as the Royal Magic ones, in real performances. I've seen Docc Hilford and Derren Brown perform with the Vernet cards. No-one is wrong. For what it's worth, I've never had anyone comment on the back designs of any of the cards that I've used. They are simply not the focus...

... but as far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter how subtle the marks are if the performer either a) stares at the backs of the cards or b) simply reveals a chosen card without any additional presentation. The spectator is going to guess that they are m****d, whether they can see the relevant details or not. It's the most obvious answer, particularly if the backs become the focus. However, introduce a st**k and you're in a much better position.

T.

It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the comparative pros/cons of particular marking system(s). I only want to second Ted's comments. I have quite a number of marked decks, both ESP and regular cards, marked using various different methods and which is "best" simply boils down to individual preference, one's eyesight, lighting and performing conditions, etc. IMO ANY system that works for YOU is the one to use and ANY system -- no matter how bold or obvious to YOU -- will be unnoticed or detected by the spectator unless YOU do something to draw attention to it or arouse suspicion either through your physical actions or weak presentation.
Dick Christian
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the kind words about my ESP deck, they're greatly appreciated!

I've had the privalage of seeing Ted's deck and it is very nice with a marking system that is very easy to read. Thomas from Paralabs gratiously sent me a free deck of his deck since the Beyond ESP marking system inspired his deck. Thomas deck also has a beautiful marking system which is also super simple to read. Both of these creators have produced beautiful ESP decks and I'm sure that all owners of these decks will be very happy with their purchases.

When developing my ESP deck there were only a couple of marked ESP decks on the market and the one thing that didn't appeal to "me personally" was the back designs, I wanted a deck that had a back design far removed from the look of a playing card design. For this reason I decided a plain back would be my prefered choice. The only issue was finding a marking system that could be applied to a backless card.

Jerry Sadowitz had a great menatlism effect on the Market titled Spell Blinder which is sadly no longer in production, this used a very clever system that allowed you to distinguish the difference between two cards. I took this idea played around a little and expanded upon Jerrys system to allow identification of five different cards.

The finnished product was one I'm very happy with. No one has ever suspected the cards of being marked as the backs are so plain and innocent looking, the marking system is subtle but as someone mentioned above once this clicks you can read them in an instant.

I personally think there is room for all these ESP decks as each will appeal to different people with different requirements/tastes. Remember variety is the spice of life Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 05:47, Ted wrote:
I think this is just one of those things that is very personal. Eyesight and lighting conditions are very important when using any m****d cards. Some people swear by the Beyond ESP cards, some love the Paralabs ones. I hear some people even like my MK-MOD cards

I know that levels of eyesight vary, but can anyone who has the sets of cards under consideration offer an opinion as to which they consider might be the best for the reading-spectacle-challenged among us. If no sensible comparison can be made along those lines then fair enough, but if anyone has an opinion then I'd be happy to hear. Otherwise I'll work my reading specs into the workings.
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
The best point with Beyond ESP is the back which is so pure. Even if the performer looks intensively the back, none can say there is a marking system.

With BE3, I need a longer glimpse than with my Bicycle ESP with my own marks. But that is not important because there is no fancy design on the BE3. However, it is best if the glimpse is a part of the presentation of the trick.

I also have Paralabs ESP. I really like it because that is not really cards. Quality is good, but for me, not enough to make a bottom deal.
jaymeswhite1219
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of jaymeswhite1219
I have trouble with reading the beyond ESP cards, I think I shall try the ParaLab cards
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I must admit that whilst I massively struggle with marked cards because my eyesight is really naff yet I have always found the beyond ESP cards easy to read and from quite a distance without my reading glasses.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Beyond ESP 3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL