The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Shoot Ogawa's Thimbles Refill anywhere? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Is there a place where I can get a set of thimbles which Shoot uses? Unfortunately, he only sells them together with a DVD, which I own separately already. Now I need a new set of thimbles and cannot find Shoot's! I hope you can help me!
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Have you tried contacting Shoot?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I did send a message to the wzardinn site, or what it is called, but I do not know an email address to contact him directly.

On 2011-01-27 08:09, Memory-Jah wrote:
Still no reply. Anyone else know where to get the thimbles on its own, without the DVD?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22853 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You could also try emailing Jeff McBride. He sells the sets with a DVD, but maybe, just maybe, they will sell them separately. Don't know. Never hurts to ask.

http://www.yourmagic.com/catalog/product......s_id=191
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I am not sure whether I want other thimbles. Actually, I never used thimbles before, and I don't know what quality signs I should look out for; size, etc. That's why I thought I wanted to get Shoots, because I want to perform his routine. Or can we magicians use every thimbles from any dealer and still do any routine, or at least Shoot's?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The post above shows you where to buy Shoot's thimbles... If you really want them, buy them.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I've got a couple different sets, and unless they're a gaffed or nesting set or something, I think you should be fine as long as you have the right amount and colors for whatever routine you wish to do. A thimble's a pretty simple thing, and it's each performer's preference as to what material they're made from, snug vs. loose fit, etc. Shoot's look longer than most I've seen, though, if that makes a difference to you.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
390 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I have tried quite a few different thimbles and I actually like shoots the best. for me they handle the best. I have purchased them seperately from the dvd from wizards inn. you just need to email and ask them. if you need their email address let me know and I will dig it up. I have it somewhere.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22853 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
These thimbles should work nicely for you as well.
http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/629

The main quality in this type of thimble is the long tapper, it will fit all your fingers. The old wooden thimbles had to be filled in so the would fit your little finger. With the tall tapper thimble the fit perfectly each finger, no having to custom make a thimble for each finger.

Or take ggarcia advice and email Shoot Ogawa here:
http://www.holyshoot.com/magicshop2.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Shoot Ogawa's Thimbles Refill anywhere? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL