The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » REQ: Review of Lost works of Bro. John Hamman DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
They may have raised the price, or maybe it's the members' price, but it cost me $39.95 + shipping. At twice that price it's still a deal as far as I'm concerned.

My review is now up at Visions:

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0405borhamman.html
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
The cheaper price was only available before the series was released - a pre-publication special. The price was raised once the series was released. At whatever price this is still too cheap. I had to buy a DVD player because of these.
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Oh, they definitely raised the price...$59.95, even at the member level.

But they do have monthly sales, some of them at 25% off, so that would put you at around $45 before shipping...still a bargin.

Dan
artofmanipulation
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
121 Posts

Profile of artofmanipulation
Looks like a real bargain! But what about the sleights? Is there sufficient explaination to learn each sleight as I do not have a firm foundation yet in many of the sleights. As a matter of fact, I only have a few sleights up my sleeve! Do you think I can benefit from this dvd?
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
I just got my set in the mail today and have only watched the first disc so far, but if the others are similar, you may need a little extra help with some of the sleights which are unfamiliar. It's easy enough to shuttle back to watch him more closely as needed though. In particular, I am thinking of the Gemini count. Those who've watched the full set may be able to tell whether or not he explains the count more fully on subsequent discs. If not, something like Ammar's explanation for Twins on Easy to Master Card Miracles should help. Bro. John uses it and related moves which Ammar describes quite well often.

As for questions about quality, I am glad this is not a polished, made-for-distribution set. It's the closest to sessioning with him as most of us will ever get, as that is very much the feel of it. The mistakes, the corrections, pausing to remember, it's like being there one-on-one with Kaufman in our place asking questions for clarification. And because he was recording this for his own reference in writing the effects for the book, he asks all the right questions.

Even around $60, the price is too good to pass up. This is a piece of history that provides an insight into the man and his magic. If you have to have flash to be satisfied, pass on this. But if you can appreciate the finer things, you can't afford to pass this up--so much for so little.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » REQ: Review of Lost works of Bro. John Hamman DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL