The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » Street magic Skills » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Hi Kozmo,

Thanx for spending your time with us and sharing your thoughts. I will be in Blackpool and will definatly drop by at your stand to meet you, eric jones and garret thomas.

As a close-up magician/children magician I am not familiar with street magic but reading the topics here it is fascinating. So I have a question.

Do you believe that the skills from street magician can make you a better close-up magician? If you say yes I like to know in what way?

Looking foreowrd to your message.

best regards,
Ronald
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Cellini used to say "1 year on the streets is like 10 years anywhere else" and he was right. Working makes you better, it just does. It makes you a better performer and a better magician. Remember that its not just the trick, that the audience is whats most important. So go hit the streets and become great!!!

The problem for magicians today is theres no place for them to work. Theres no place to be bad and you will be bad before youre good. The streets is always there. You can go out and try new material, new lines and the audience always tells you whats wrong and whats right if the performer takes the time to listen Smile

Go out and be GREAT!
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Thank you Kozmo for your respons! A year ago I attend a masterclass from Jeff McBride. He was saying that magic is shifting from stage to dailey vennues. As on the street, dinner parties, shops etc. He even does magic for the taxidriver. Well I am not in that state of mind Smile

You definitly take away my doubts, it ia also about performing always, everywhere. I will come by in Blackpool to chat and pick up the dvd serie from Cellini. Now I am very curious what he has to say Smile

Thank you Kozmo for your great answer!

best regards,
Ronald
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Look forward to it

:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » Street magic Skills » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL