The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dr Jones Ph.D. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
And more...

handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Indy also would have earned one of these, but I'm not sure where he would have it in his own, personal collection:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eagle_Scout_medal_THF1.png
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Yes, I already bought a BSA insignia on Ebay.
I'll place it on the satchel bag with other pins.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2516 Posts

Profile of critter
I think it would be funny if he had a "Webelos" scarf slide. I don't know why, that just strikes me as a hilarious thought.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
WEBELOS were originally "Lions" as a part of the Cub Scout Program and were not a part of the program until 1930. The progression to this term for boys in-between Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts comes much later in the history of American Scouting. Young Henry would have been far too old to have been a part of the Cub Scout program. Humor aside, it would be an anachronism.

Eagle Medals go all the way back to 1912 and have changed very little. (The link is to a picture of the earliest known variation. There is a drawing in the 1910 handbook but it also makes sense that no Eagle would have been awarded before 1912.) The uniform patch came much later, and never replaced the medal, which is worn on the uniform for ceremonial purposes. Although it is not "official" many adults choose to wear their medal on a blazer jacket or suit coat at appropriate Scouting functions.

Chris
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The eagle medal makes sense to me.
I received a leather Webelos scarf slide yesterday (and I must have one made from straw somewhere). The straw one may be logical at some point...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2516 Posts

Profile of critter
Well webelos started in 1954, I think. I just thought it was a funny thought is all. Maybe it would be his kid's?
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2516 Posts

Profile of critter
I thought I read in one of the books that he was kicked out of the scouts for eating brownies. Smile
~Will Rogers

New Facebook Page:
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
810 Posts

Profile of lin
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 11:59, critter wrote:
I think it would be funny if he had a "Webelos" scarf slide. I don't know why, that just strikes me as a hilarious thought.

It's funny because Webelos wobble but they don't fall down.

Here all night, folks

:D
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Pan Am Clipper and the Belloq watch...

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
And the final touch with thanks to Balaram:

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I also found a nice brush for the Indiana Jones bag.

You've no idea how many items the bag contains and still is more or less "flat".
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2516 Posts

Profile of critter
Did archeologists use those dental scraper things back then?
Maybe a little hand trowel?

~Will Rogers

New Facebook Page:
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Yep, I've one. Forgot to post it.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2516 Posts

Profile of critter
Sweet. So it was a good idea, just one you'd already thought of Smile
~Will Rogers

New Facebook Page:
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The trowel, the measuring tape, a film canister for small and fragile artefacts, root cutter, Marion Ravenwood's lighter ... (Ok, I become obsessed once again)

The most incredible thing is that all that stuff is placed in the bag. And the bag isn't overloaded...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2516 Posts

Profile of critter
Bag of holding...
~Will Rogers

New Facebook Page:
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Finally, I change the bag for a WWI gas mask bag, and I add a leather strap too. It's closer to the real thing and has a wonderful original patina.
Everything fits in the bag and it still doesn't look overloaded.

The pins are:
- a BSA tenderfoot pin
- a Besuch in Berlin (Reischtag) pin
- a 1920 archeology club of Chicago pin
janos5303
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of janos5303
Much of the Adventurers Club was dismantled for shipping to Hong Kong for a new attraction called Mystic Manor. Up to the end I was hoping that the funds could be found to purchase the building and turn it into the Magic Castle East. Much of the interactive gags were inspired by Hollywood's Castle. Irma the piano playing ghost became Fingers a spirit that inhabited an old organ. Mysteriously the Spirit Box of Xenobia and the Curator's handwritten notes made they're way into private hands Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dr Jones Ph.D. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL