We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Where can I see gospel magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DGabbay
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DGabbay
Aside from a routine here and there, I have never actually seen a gospel magic show. I am not religious myself but find the idea of gospel amazing and one of the best practical application of our art. Therefore I would love to attend a gospel magic show. Where are they? When are they? I live in the Hollywood/Los Angeles area, so anyone that can point out where I can catch a gospel magic show will be greatly appreciated.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2272 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Andre Kole is coming to El Centro, CA on February 11.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Does Andre Kole perform Gospel magic, or is he a Christian illusionsist? I see most of his advertising is for secular shows.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Andre does a secular show and at the end does a segment that shares the gospel. He takes a break between the two and tells the audience that he is going to do some more magic, but it has a gospel theme to it, so if anyone doesn't want to see that, they are free to go...but very very few ever do...because they have just seen great magic...and want to see some more.

That is why I believe a lot of "gospel magicians" do a regular show and then at the end do a single routine to close things out. And like with Andre, if that is what works for them, great.

Oz and Wilde tends to spread out the Gospel/Biblical truths throughout using comedy to communicate the message. Bible verses on playing cards are forced to bring home a message we want...which leads to the next effect that explains that...and so on. That's what works for us.

I don't think there is a wrong way, and I don't think every Christian who does magic needs to do "Gospel magic." Better to live a life and portray it on the stage that reflects/teaches Christian values...even if you aren't saying, "Jesus said..." or "It is written...," you can still talk about all kinds of subjects that have its roots in Christian values. Don't cheat, care about the environment, etc. are all things we as believers hold fast to, so share that.

Now...DGabbay, there is the LAFCM who meet at the Magic Castle on the fourth Monday of the month (which has just passed this week). There you can meet gospel magicians and see some of it done/discussed.

Oh...and as for your comment "I am not religious myself"...I will echo those words. I'm not about religion either. I believe it is all about a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. And that is what good Gospel magic communicates.

><> J
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
MagicBob and SuZie do Gospel magic shows all over Michigan on an ongoing basis-they are terrific. Their programs last an hour or so, and start out with regular magic and chalk art- then the last 15 minutes or so then go more into "Gospel magic" and chalk art routines. Although our cable access programs are not exactly the same- you can see at least examples of segments from various shows at http://www.ChristianMagician.org On Magic With A Message! #1, for example, Matt Fore does an excellent Seabrooke Burnt Bill to Wallet routine. Clean humor. Then- later- a direct Gospel effect could be done similar to Duane Laflin's fine material (he gave us permission to use some of his videos as well- included in many of our programs). In the back of every "The Voice of the FCM" magazine, http://www.fcm.org you can find the websites for finding the tour schedules of Andre' Kole, Toby Travis abd many others. Sheldon Rhodes http://www.jestkidding.com also is pretty much traveling all over the place doing Christian kids shows. If you want to catch MagicBob & SuZie's show this February- you'll have to go to Africa to watch it as they are doing 4 shows a day there in a huge portable touring tent. Wow.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
You can also catch our Living Illusions show all across the country. We would be pleased to meet you if you make it out to a show.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Hey Kevin, you don't stay put long enough for me to get to one of your shows...lol
JJohnson
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of JJohnson
There are plenty of videos on youtube. Just search for 'gospel magic.' Some performers are certainly better than others, but that is magic.

JJohnson.
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
@jjohnson So who are your picks for the best 'gospel magicians' on YouTube? Want to start with the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Where can I see gospel magic. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL