The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rocky Raccoon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Who I here uses a Rocky Raccoon? I am planning to buy one and I really want some inspiration to start off with so can you publish a video of you doing something with your little friend Rocky Racoon or at least give me some link to a movie of it somewhere... I wanna see it Smile

Thanks /Harwin
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Harwin, use the search function. The button is located at the top of the screen on the right hand side.

There are probably almost 100 or more different topics on Rocky!

Chris
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Seismic, searched. No topic except this one. So now I ask everyone, do you have a Rocky and can you record a video? Would like it Smile
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Christian
View Profile
New user
Continental Europe
55 Posts

Profile of Christian
David Williamsson has put out a video.
However, by typing in "Raccoon" in the search form, you will find a lot of posts.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Harwin,
Make sure when you do your search, you select to search all forums, not just this one. When I searched a minute ago, there were 58 hits. Good luck. Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
markyeager
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of markyeager
Bobcape,
How do you search all the forum at one time?
I'm sorry that I don't know how to do that.
Thanks,
Mark Yeager

PS. I love the Raccoon!! Jeff Justice is the master of this prop.
It's Fun to be Fooled
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-07-31 23:53, markyeager wrote:
Bobcape,
How do you search all the forum at one time?
I'm sorry that I don't know how to do that.
Thanks,
Mark Yeager

PS. I love the Raccoon!! Jeff Justice is the master of this prop.

Mark,

To search all forums, what you do is click onthe "search" hotlink in the upper right corner of this screen. When the "Search" page comes up, go to the "forum" box. It is a "drop down" box. In the box you will see the name of this forum ("Now that's funny") AND an arrow immediately to the right of the "Now that's funny" selection. CLICK ON THIS ARROW and a LARGE box will open listing all of the various topics on the Magic Café web site. Take the slider bar that is to the right of all of these forum names and slice it up to the top. The very first forum selection is called "Search all Forums". Click on that title ("Search all Forums"); this will place the "Search all Forums" option into the "Forum" box. Then click on the "Begin Search" button at the bottom of the Search page and the search function will begin searching all forums for any reference to the topic you are searching for. (OH! I forgot!! You must type in "Rocky Racoon" or "Racoon" in the "Keywords" box so that the search function know which TOPIC (Racoon) to search for under the appropriate FORUM (In this case, the general all-encompassing "Search all Forums" forum).

Hope this helps.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
I´m trying to work with 2 spring animals in counterpoint... any ideas?
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
That's a good idea working with two at once. You could make them do some pretty funny movements doing funny things to each other and to you (the performer).

Kids might find that VERY funny!

Evan
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
What might be even funnier is to sequence a Rocky Raccoon almost the way the dancing hank has been. Use one that you pick up and then maybe put it behind your table or case. You go on to your next item of business and he keeps popping his head out and you see the tail dance around. This could be a great classic "They see but you do not see" syndrome of which the kids would surely have a good time with. This could lead to a lot of other possibilities such as Rocky being placed inside of something and having stuff thrown out.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Check out the VHS Video "Sleight of Dave" by David Williamson, if you can find it. He has some nice moves with Rocky Raccoon as well as some good card magic and cups and balls.
Dennis Michael
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Yes, Dave's routine is a KILLER! Here's a link to Al's Magic Shop which has an online video of Rocky:

http://www.tobias.cc/cgi-local/readdatan......ROCKYVID
cubreporter
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
68 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
Dave's routine is actually from Magic Masters back when Dave worked there. I believe it was created by Dennis Sawars. Dave put it on video (with permission), and so now gets the credit. It is probably one of the greatest routines for rocky to date. I love the *** thing!
I am whatever I am to you.
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
Jim Pace also has an A1 video out teaching Rocky. Very funny for adults and children!!!
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Two things...

First, try spelling RACCOON correctly. I've gone through and corrected it in as many posts as I could find. That may help.

Secondly, Rocky comes with really good instructions that are easy to follow. Can I make a video? Yeah. Will I make one so others can steal my routine? No. I don't mind people borrowing moves, but with Rocky, the basic moves are explained in the instructions. Make up your own routine! That way you don't become a clone.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Important with Rocky is that you don't do only jokes with him.

First see him as a live animal. This will help you to create a presentation and how he has to react and you have to react towards him.

Do something with him. Let him do a trick. take 7 number cards (from 1 to 7) and mark them on the back so you can see which one is which card.

Spec. shuffles - you fan the cards - spect. selects and you know what card it is.

Rocky reads the mind of the spec.

The amount of knotting his head up and down will tell the audience what number it is.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
I just bought A back-up one at our local club auction for $12 bucks. Sweet. I have kind of moved on to another puppet effect, but Rocky is still STRONG.

I usually close with him or the other puppet. He is "sorta" hard to follow as he steals the show.

Good luck, and support your magic club and auctions. I also got 75 magazines of Magic & Genii & Linking Rings. Some are for sale. There are some real gems in these.

I am looking for vent info to use with my other raccoon. In otherwords I don't vent , but want to! I think the combo of Rocky and vent work would be good together. Sorry bout the rambling but I know you are on to a good thing with the spring fella. Trois
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Trois, I think vent would take away from the magic that is Rocky. Stick to animal noises such as whining, sniffing, snuffling, etc.

Rather than defacing your Rocky, why not pick up a Roxie, Rocky's plush cousin. The spring goes right up to the throat area, and you can easily fashion a mouth with an exacto knife, a bit of pink and red felt, and a needle and thread.

You'll have to use a bit of ingenuity and perhaps some trial and error to allow you to fashion a mechanism that will allow you to open the mouth with your finger. It's not as difficult as it sounds, as the spring goes right up to Roxie's throat.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Haven't seen a Roxie,but when I do I'll check it out and see what I can do with it. I actually have one of those hang'n around your neck monkeys that I will start my venting with. Thanks, Trois
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
I always keep Roxie on hand for situations where I think Rocky would be a bit too frightening for the kids. She looks just like a typical plush toy that they'd have in their toybox at home. And it's no less magical to see a toy come to life ala Toy Story.

I see that they've redesigned Roxie a bit and have given her a little pink mouth. I've been playing with Roxie a bit, and you know, you don't really have to go to the trouble of cutting a mouth for her. Just by bobbing her head up and down slightly when she "talks", it looks like she's actually talking.

When I tried the same with Rocky, it just didn't look right. I mean it did look like he was talking, but it just didn't seem right that he should be talking. You know what I mean?

Click Here!

Click Here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rocky Raccoon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.66 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL