The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rocky Raccoon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Ever the iconoclast, I got a spring skunk back in '91 and things went downhill fast from there.

Right now I'm working on a 'skunk act' featuring Lady Rosamund, the Incredibly Talented Skunk. For this I blame Dave Dee and all the stuff I've read about how having an animal in your act increases your marketability. Well *fine*!

To wit: aside from the standard spring puppet stuff, Lady R. does indeed do card tricks! Rather than bore you with the details, I'll bore you with the outline and say that a little dab of appropriately colored wax on a black nose does wonders for letting spring aminals (sic!) find a selected card. Of course, so does blatant crimping. I got my hands full enough with a skunk here, dangit.

Having sold the rights to my first-born child to Hank Lee, I picked up 'The Mongoose is Loose' as a way to intro Lady R, since nothing says comedy like having a skunk leap out at you at 30 MPH from a locked box. This, a card trick, and the Zig Zag Raccoon (modified for mephit inhabitation) makes up about 15 minutes of what should indeed be very funny. I hope. I'm just about ready to take this out in public.

... if you don't hear from me again, you'll know that it wasn't all that funny after all.
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Loyal and satisfied customer:

I have used my pet skunks (for I upgrade to a "fresh skunks" every few years) since the late 1980's.

Skunk vs. Racoon:
I prefer the skunk over the raccoon because I believe that it is more visually striking (the contrast and the fact that a skunk is suppose to "smell" and creates more of a reaction. Beside, it fits more my gentle, but mischeivious character and the black and white theme of my tailsuit and wingtips.

For a detailed (very detailed) description of spring animal routines that work for me(and might for you), please check out the newly posted thread: Pet Comedy Routines for Spring Animals, under this same section.

All the best!

Magically,
"Max"
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
http://www.maxmagician.com
max@maxmagician.com
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Texas Worker
View Profile
New user
Kerrville Texas
55 Posts

Profile of Texas Worker
Jeff Justice used to work for Magic Masters as well, as did I. Rocky is great. If you get a chance, visit Magic Masters and get some tips from them. They play with Rocky more than anybody, and yes I still use mine. I can do 2 hours of magic and the first question I get is about Rocky.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I have the Rocky Zig Zag Illusion.
It can still be bought online.
After he does his tricks and such he is the star of the illusion with music and all.
Sometimes he just does a card trick locating a selected card.
Daniel Faith
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I seen one on one of the worlds greatest magic shows the other day...It was pretty cool, It Jumped out of it carrying case and grabbed a chosen card that was flying out of a purse with a bunch of other cards and landed on the floor....was supposed to land on a jacket..........
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
173 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
Mplegare, I've been considering the Mongoose is Loose... How is the prop? Well made? and how are you over coming the fact that the raccoon is now half way across the room?
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have mentioned this in a another string, but I recommend adding some sort of "squirting" device into your Rocky act. It is a great comedic effect when rockey supposedly pees over the audience (if you haven't seen it done, you don't know what I mean I am sure). The show in which I saw this, the kids and adults were laughing so hard, I couldn't believe it.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Fraser Gould
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
94 Posts

Profile of Fraser Gould
The squirting idea sounds great...maybe finally a use for my Sprizzer?

How about a load of fake doo-doo?
Fraser Gould
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I don't know how the fake doo-doo will do....
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I use the squirting deal myself. Either with Rocky or my Rabbit.
Daniel Faith
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
It cracks EVERYONE up. I recommend it highly.
Fraser Gould
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
94 Posts

Profile of Fraser Gould
Question about the Rocky Zig Zag Illusion:

Does it come complete with a spring animal, or is it just the zig zag box?
Fraser Gould
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rocky Raccoon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL