The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Belch! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
I've just been watching a video of Jay Marshall and Lefty and I'm really impressed by the way he/they can belch on demand, without even moving his lips (Jay that is, Lefty, of course, moves his!) It's a hilarious effect!

Has anyone mastered this amazing art and can share the technique? I did a search online, but I don't think Jay is depending on fizzy drinks or spicy foods for this.

Cheers,
Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Bill -

This is hard to explain, but here it goes:

You can try sucking in a bit (I know that is a relative word) of air and then hold it ever so briefly by closing off the back of your mouth—to do this you can try pushing your tongue to the roof of the back of your mouth—and then force it out with your diaphragm (the muscle above your stomach). The real important work seems to go on in the back of the mouth/throat area.

Obviously I am doing this while typing and it is really hard to convey in words. It can be done with practice. Just be careful you don't vomit by accident in the process!

Good luck!

phill belcher
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Belch! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL