The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Mentalist Phone Number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
This concerns my new Mentalist Web site under construction.

In this day and age how important is a phone number on your site as opposed to just an email?

If you have to have a phone number, does it have to be an 800 number?

Do you have to have an answering service as opposed to just a voice mail?
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2284 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 23:36, rpierce wrote:
This concerns my new Mentalist Web site under construction. In this day and age how important is a phone number on your site as opposed to just an email? If you have to have a phone number, does it have to be an 800 number? Do you have to have an answering service as opposed to just a voice mail?

To me, just an email might sound like you want to maintain a distance between yourself and clients. But, maybe that's just my weird thinking. I use both my home phone and cell. I want to be super-accessible. As for 800 numbers, I think they were fine in the day, but many people use cell phones today, costing them little to nothing to call you. Plus, if they can't afford a toll-call, perhaps they can't afford to hire entertainment. Finally, my voice-mail has served me well over the years. Someone else will have to answer to any advantages of a service. Hopefully, most of my callers are looking for me… not just running down the list in the yellow-pages. Hope this helps, somewhat.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I have a Google Voice phone number. If you call it during business hours, it rings my home, my cell and my work all at the same time. After business hours, it just rings my home and cell. I can control who gets through, and I never have to give out any of my other numbers. Typically when we move about, we take our phones and change our numbers. With Google Voice, the number follows you.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
You confirmed my suspisions on the 800 numbers - thank you. I have Google Voice although I have yet to implement it, I'll PM you Bobby.

In my past life as a Real Estate Developer, having someone else answer the phone adds a layer of professionalism. An answering service seems as though it would be painfully obvious, unless of course they manage you. Hmmm.....sounds like a new thread.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I think it is VERY important to have your phone number on every page of your site.

What if someone needs a magician tonight and they can't call you right now? I have booked last minute gigs like this and they have paid extra because I was available or I could fit them in last minute. One of these gigs was a $700 30 minute birthday party for a 10 year old. I answered the phone, and the other guys didn't.

I agree with the comments above, and I personally think an answering service may be overkill. (at least for me, at this point)

I hope this helps,
Fitz

P.S. you can see how I have my number on both of my sites by checking these links: http://www.FitzMagic.com and http://www.BirthdayMagician.net
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Fitz:

I got 404 errors when I clicked on the two links on your FitzMagic site bio. You might want to fix them.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 20:46, Rocketeer wrote:
Fitz:

I got 404 errors when I clicked on the two links on your FitzMagic site bio. You might want to fix them.

Works for me...
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Mentalist Phone Number (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL