The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I own this and I have one question about the bent nail. When I straighten mine, it still looks a little funny where the bend occurs. I don't think it would be noticed during performance, but I just wanted to make sure this is normal. The only way I can describe it is to say it looks slightly "wavy" at the joint. Once again, to onlookers it will look straight, but I can notice the discrepancy.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
If anyone knows where to get similar looking nails let me know. I would like give the nail away at the end, but I haven't had any luck finding this style of nail at Home Depot or Lowes.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Look for garden fence/shed nails, if need be, bring one if your one's to the store to compare...
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2011-03-28 13:56, MarcLavelle wrote:
Look for garden fence/shed nails, if need be, bring one if your one's to the store to compare...

I had the nail with me but neither store had nails that matched.
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Try homebase Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Hi guys,
I have just received the PNB set Smile Based on your experience, do you recommend to use fr***e s***y or c**d w***r to set the nail?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2011-03-30 13:42, doriancaudal wrote:
Hi guys,
I have just received the PNB set Smile Based on your experience, do you recommend to use fr***e s***y or c**d w***r to set the nail?

We had best results with the cru***d I*e and w***r mix and we also set the gimmicks one at a time to avoid confusion.
Also do you have the latest multi page instructions written by Tim Trono?
Regards
Jim
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Yes, it is 3 pages, isn't it? And I also have the companion DVD by WMS
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I prefer using the s***y. It works much quicker, no need to let it sit for a couple minutes like with the w***r. Plus with the s***y you know that the temperature will be cold enough so you won't have to worry about damaging the gimmick during preparation. I can see how i*e water would be more practical if you're using this in a walkaround set.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10694 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I notice many of these coming up for sale in the Café. Great way to pick one of these up cheapo...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
I would say the s***Y. I got this on Wed. LOve it. The nails look nice. I have not tryed them out yet but when I had the key I put it in the Fr***er for around 20 min just to try it out.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5832 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-03-30 14:28, Jaz2005 wrote:

We had best results with the cru***d I*e and w***r mix and . . .

Try a mix of Cru***d I*e + W***r + Sea Salt. Smile

Smile
P.S. Sea Salt acts as a catalyst. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10694 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 14:34, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-30 14:28, Jaz2005 wrote:

We had best results with the cru***d I*e and w***r mix and . . .

Smile

Hey! AS a BONUS you can make some homemade ICE CREAM too - wth! Which flavors would go well with Perfect Nail Bend? ...ROCKY ROAD? !!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5832 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 15:15, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 14:34, Ustaad wrote:

Smile

Hey! AS a BONUS you can make some homemade ICE CREAM too - wth! Which flavors would go well with Perfect Nail Bend? ...ROCKY ROAD? !!!

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary Smile Smile Smile

(The supposed explanation that Sherlock Holmes gave to his assistant, Dr. Watson, when explaining deductions he had made.)

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Thought this looked good then read all the negative reviews - the W.P.R gave it high marks !
Jim are you basically saying that its the companion DVD that makes all the difference to correct set up?

Any owners who purchased this with the DVD care to comment ??
Matthew U
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Matthew U
Hi NFW .
The companion dvd that comes with the perfect nail bend sent when you purchase it from World Magic Shop gives you tips on how to set it up and how to reset it . It a great free dvd in my opinion .
Hope this helps Matthew
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Thanks Matthew, so was it the lack of this DVD and poor instructions the cause of the negative reviews earlier?
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Really its not that hard. The big thing is some people are setting it up badly. The bent nail you get you will need to fr**e it 1st then use the tool to make it st***t slowly. Then as it wa*ms up it will st***ten back out. With the St***t nail same thing put it in the Fr***r 1st then bend it slowly. I did this on Thursday and thay worked perfectly. MIne only took like 3 min to do its job. Let me just say ( Cool ) ( Very cool ) Glad I bought.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I can´t make the bent nail straight.

Any advice?
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Matthew U
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Matthew U
Hi nfw

The main problem with the perfect nail bend in the first place was the instructions was not clearly laid out . So world magic shop made a compainion DVD . And also their is a new set of paper based instructions out for it now .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL