We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Just thought I'd take a few secs to make a bid to show how quick the effect can be. This is not a performance, merely a demo of the brilliance of how this can be done in a spec's hands.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?......_comment
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
If you're interested in another perspective. You might want to read this...

http://blog.elmwoodmagic.com/content/perfect-nail-bend
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10718 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 17:22, paw wrote:
SAYSOLD WROTE;
"reputations matter and people here at the Café remember this stuff."
I agree...

Just out of curiosity, Have you worked with the nails? If not, I would envite you to check them out yourself and give a review here on the Café.

Best to all,
Patrick

No I don't own a PNB... but the fact that the units were sent out with inadequate instructions is what I'm referring to. You can read here the results of the ommission/oversight.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mr. wolf
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mr. wolf
Thanks for the info Paul!!!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5875 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 19:25, Paul Richards wrote:
If you're interested in another perspective. You might want to read this...

http://blog.elmwoodmagic.com/content/perfect-nail-bend

Paul Richards, thank you for the interesting link.

I don't have the Perfect Nail.

After reading the interesting link referred by Paul Richards, it seems to ME that the problems faced by the owners of the prop (Perfect Nail) is probably due to a confusion created by two similar props (one bent and the other straight) supplied for the effect. Once the props change shape it might be confusing as to which prop is which and thus the problem of resetting the correct prop and thereby trying to incorrectly reset the wrong prop. This is just my reasoning as to why so many props seem to have gone defective. Sorry if I am totally wrong in my thinking. Smile

Smile
P.S. If you still haven't, you might like to checkout THIS thread as well - with special reference to memory alloy. Smile Smile

Isn't the Café a great place to learn and share? Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
MBlegend
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of MBlegend
How on earth do you get the straight nail to go straight again? It's permanently bent at a 45 degree angle..... there's no going back. And yes, I am using the right nail because the BENT ONE is working OKAY.

Crazy isn't it....
MBlegend
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of MBlegend
One more thing,

I've already stated that my Nails don't work well with ice water....... But my DUST OFF SPRAY (AIR DUSTER liquid CO2) js good. Does anyone know where I can get smaller bottles of this, or similar coolant products to save me carrying a massive canister around?
Many thanks

p.s. in England! Smile
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 05:16, MBlegend wrote:
How on earth do you get the straight nail to go straight again? It's permanently bent at a 45 degree angle..... there's no going back. And yes, I am using the right nail because the BENT ONE is working OKAY.

Crazy isn't it....

Hi Mark
best thing is to send us back your set and we will send you another one. Now you have the new instructions and DVD you will be up and running 100% when you receive your new set.
best regards
Jim
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
The wizard product review have just reviewed it. Got a pretty good review Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

What confuses me is you get 2 gimmicked nails and Dave and Craig say you can give the nails away at the end. Does this mean once you get the gimmicks you can make it with regular nails or do you have to do some kind of s***ch?

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
You will have to do a s***ch if you want to give them away. This has got some bad and some good reviews. The ones with the bad reviews looks like thay got bad nails. The ones with the good reviews got a good set that works. Its almost like a 50 50 chance if you get them. I don't play red or black with my money. I think I will leave this to the people who like to bet.
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-23 09:27, nowyoucme wrote:
You will have to do a s***ch if you want to give them away. This has got some bad and some good reviews. The ones with the bad reviews looks like thay got bad nails. The ones with the good reviews got a good set that works. Its almost like a 50 50 chance if you get them. I don't play red or black with my money. I think I will leave this to the people who like to bet.

Hmm interesting thanks Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10718 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Now that I've watched the World Magic review, I suspect that the inadequate instructions are the main culprit for causing this effect to be slated. It seems apparent that you can damage these props if you don't understand exactly how to re-set them, etc.
Craig and Dave pull no punches in their reviews, so I'd be very surprised if their observations aren't spot on. This was a bit of an issue with "Ultracinese", which in fact was a totally awesome effect. Also, Ultracinese and the Perfect Nail Bend would play very well together as incredible PK effects.
So, I'm tempted to believe the "Perfect Nail" is actually a worker, though evidently requires a bit of re-set. Clearly it's important to obtain it from a supplier (such as World Magic, who have made a DVD specially) who has taken the trouble to elaborate on the poor instructions supplied.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

OK, I've sprung for this, in spite of all the negative reviews, based on Craig and Dave's comments on the WMR. At least I know that World Magic are very reputable, and if I get a dud set, they will replace/refund it no question.
I guess my curiosity got the better of me, as usual!
;)
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of paw
Hi Doug,
Please post a review once you have had time to play with it!!!
Patrick (AKA - P______) LOL!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

I will, and let's hope the additional DVD supplied by WMS will clear up any technical issues.
Forgive me Patrick, but AKA who? And why LOL!?
I feel I'm being dumb here,........
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I also went for it after watching the review... Ahh impulsive buying Smile And thanks Paul Richards for the "other perspective" from elmwood, that was also an important point that confirmed my determination to go for it!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Well after watching the World Magic review on this I understand why some people say it don't work. I had the key that would bend useing the same things this does. I cant say anything on here without giving away how its done but I can see how thay missed up there gimmicks. I went ahead and ordered this because for only 60.00 you will be getting a great effect. As long as you understand how it works.
mr. wolf
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mr. wolf
Any other reviews?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL