The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Quote:
On 2011-04-01 13:24, J. Prager wrote:
I can´t make the bent nail straight.

Any advice?

You need to get it really c**d 1st
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1278 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Perfect?!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Great post Ustaad!
Magic is a vanishing art.
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
I am having the same problem making mine straight. I did get the WMS dvd but it was blank for some reason; however they are sending me a new one. Thanks WMS Smile

Theo
xx
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I have now received both the props (arrived several days ago, but I didn't dare touch them, in case of damage!) and now I have the DVD. I trust the guys at WMS, and it seems like a great little effect. One thing I'd note is that you can only perform this once, and then need to really go back to your base to reset it. I'll post more once I've actually watched the DVD and tried it out
;)
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2461 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I have this on order from a different company than World Magic Shop. Please PM me if anyone knows a way in which I may obtain a copy of the supplemental DVD to avoid the problems others have had with the directions. Thx.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10702 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well we know that Murphy's created a supplement that was mentioned right here a few weeks ago to compensate for the awful included "directions."

You should probably contact WMS as they came up with their own take as they did on the WOW 2 gimmick as well. Maybe they can make you a special price as you are a dealer.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
SImplyJustHen
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
12 Posts

Profile of SImplyJustHen
I just got this, and I have to say... Not impressed the slightest...

For me, the nail is either too c**l and takes too long to bend or bends before its supposed too...
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Quote:
On 2011-04-05 16:19, SImplyJustHen wrote:

For me, the nail is either too c**l and takes too long to bend or bends before its supposed too...

Mine started to bend within 30 secs or so. Perfect for me. You don't want this to bend to fast. You want time to make the effect look as real as you can. Do you really think if you could bend things with your mind it would be like look at the nail and it bends right away.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Can you manage to put your gimmicked bent nail perfectly straight when c**d?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Not allways. Sometimes mine still is a little bent. Kinda like when you try and straightn a nail after you pull it out.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2011-04-05 16:19, SImplyJustHen wrote:

Ditto I can honestly say I thought I saw potential here. Just to long to set-up for an effect that is not 100%.
Mine just find its way to the trash can.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
"Mine just may find its way to the trash can" excuse me

-Bobby Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Just tried mine, they work perfectly. The DVD from WMS was blank, but I figured I'd read enough to understand the workings. It was neccessary to re-f****ze a few times - I could feel that the metal was becoming more brittle as it w**med during the setting process.....it did take a good 20 minutes to set them properly. Yet to establish exactly how well they travel in the supplied pouch.
Easiest solution was to put them in the f***z*r. No problems, they perform exactly as described. I still think there are better metal bending solutions out there, but this is a nice piece, and I think most of those who have had issues have probably damaged their nails by incorrect procedures. Also, this is a "one-off" effect that you can't realistically repeat...it's very cool to watch the nails very slowly bending or unbending though.
Great product, needs to be handled with care and full understanding of the properties of the materials.
Effect: 10/10
Practicality: 4/10
;)
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
If you use the s***y it literally takes seconds to prepare the nails. I have performed this several times now and it gets fantastic reactions.

I have the spectator hold the nail in their fist and they can feel it bend inside their hand. It doesn't take the nail very long to bend, less than a minute. I then hold the nail and straighten it in full view by rubbing it with my thumb and index finger. Straightening the nail takes about a minute or less.

For me, the only downside to this effect is the reset.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 14:34, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-30 14:28, Jaz2005 wrote:

We had best results with the cru***d I*e and w***r mix and . . .

Try a mix of Cru***d I*e + W***r + Sea Salt. Smile

I was advised against the salt water, as it COULD be corrosive...

Smile
P.S. Sea Salt acts as a catalyst. Smile
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
For some reason my iPhone failed at finding the end of the message... My post was simply: I was advised against the salt water, as it COULD be corrosive...
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Quote:
On 2011-04-08 13:28, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
"Mine just may find its way to the trash can" excuse me

-Bobby Smile

Now why would you do that. Lets recap. Pay 60 bucks for a effect. don't like it much. Lets put it in the trash. Really?? I will pay for shipping if you want to throw it my way.

For 60 bucks you got a gem here. It might not be for everybody. But it is a nice effect. I paid a lot more for effects than this and did not like them but made it work for me.

Or find someone that's new to magic and give it to them. Thay would think its gold.
Josh Norris
View Profile
New user
Washington, DC
32 Posts

Profile of Josh Norris
I received a copy of this to review from Murphy's and reviewed it on The Magic Session this past sunday....

You can watch the original video here: http://themagicsession.com/on-demand/mag......04-10-11

But I'll recap the key points below as well....

THE GOOD AND THE BAD

The Bend and UnBend do look VERY convincing and magical. Definitely the most visual version of this I have seen. I also like that you have the ability to create an "unbending" effect (after a simple shuttle pass), I havent seen this with other methods.

The trick comes with two gimmicked nails, one for the "bending" effect and one for "unbending". The biggest issue with this is that it does take a bit of patience to get the bent nail to look perfectly straight. Imagine trying to COMPLETELY straighten out a paperclip.

PRACTICALITY

I think that the effect is only practical for a formal closeup show where there is no need to reset (since this process takes around 5-10mins). It could also be practical for a TV spot since it is very visual and the setup could be done in advance. I like the idea of picking up a bent nail from the ground and straightening it out. Then the temperature of the nail is not an issue as it will have "warmed up".

PACKAGING

Simple paper instructions stapled together and a poorly labeled box. However, for an effect like this, I am less concerned with packaging and more concerned with the gimmicks actually working.

PRICING

For the "technology" involved I'd say this is very fairly priced. As others mentioned in the thread similar products (fork) have been on the market for several hundred dollars.

WRAP-UP

Hope this was helpful! There's a live "uncut" performance of this in the video at TMS as well. Be sure to check out our reviews LIVE each sunday at 8PM est. Or let us know what other effects you'd like to see reviewed. -josh
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I got this last week and decided to perform it yesterday on my daily YouTube show. I like it alot. This isn't ideal for performing in public. BUT in the comfort of your own house its absolutely killer. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYeUbIIa6M0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL