The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I ALMOST clicked Add To Cart!!! Glad I checked here first! In my email from Penguin...pretty misleading:

Professionals: You actually get 2 separate devices. One that bends and one that straightens. Reset is fast and easy -- no wrestling moves needed Smile And no, the nails don't need to be hot or cold when handed out -- just room temperature. It's easy to learn, very portable and could easily be your new headline effect. "Perfect Nail Bend" is a true game changer. If you're into Psychokinesis, you won't ever want to leave home without it. Wowza. Acar Altinsel
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
This seems like a product that would work well, but in my experience, whenever I bend metal (quarters, spoons, forks, knives), people almost always ask if it's heat that makes it bend. This is their first line of thinking, because it makes sense to them.
Sure you could sell it, but they will guess right more often than not.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
Lloyd_SG
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Lloyd_SG
Is this effect practical for walk around in restaurant?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17261 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 04:50, Lloyd_SG wrote:

or maybe Home Depot?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 07:25, joseph wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 04:50, Lloyd_SG wrote:

or maybe Home Depot?...

You "NAILED" it Joseph!!! Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17261 Posts

Profile of joseph
I reached a new Lowes on that one...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10702 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Any more reviews of feedback from owners?

I'm totally on the fence with this one. The "springy" comments give me slight pause, and the fact I live in Phoenix also makes me wonder how well this will hold up.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of learachel
Don't buy it! it is not practical at all! $ 60 to the trash! how we can sell such nonsense!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
798 Posts

Profile of roblane
Again, don't buy it. Simply no way they will pass for real, too easy to bend. I understand some dealers have reported issues with them
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
majura1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of majura1
A very crappy trick do not waste your money.
I can't get them to do anything here in Australia. They aren't easy to bend --infact I can't even fully straighten the bent one and the straight one won't fully straighten anymore now that I have bent it. I even put it in my warm armpit to see if it would straighten and it is still bent.
This is the worst trick I have bought since buying firefall from M Blair.
The one page of insructions was not helpful and it did not come with a DVD.They do look like real nails but who wants to pay 60 bucks for two nails. Very disappointing trick.
DON'T BUY. Also impractical for walkaround.
majura1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of majura1
I just heated it up with a hair dryer and it doesn't go back--so much for memory---- Maybe I got a dud set ---I am sending mine back to hank lee for a refund. Its a big Buyer beware.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10702 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-03-16 20:15, majura1 wrote:
I just heated it up with a hair dryer and it doesn't go back--so much for memory---- Maybe I got a dud set ---I am sending mine back to hank lee for a refund. Its a big Buyer beware.

YIKES!!!!

Well the reviews are coming in fast and furious - the expectations were high - and... sigh...sounded a bit too good to be true.

The promo videos showed street kids rather than adults - hmmmm
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Just got mine today will post when I have had a play with them.
wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
To work around the nail being cold.

May be between the bend and restore ... add Adam Grace's Froze effect in between (using the nail instead of the coin).

Hmmm ... Two impractical tricks add together makes a practical or more impractical trick?
ahofer
View Profile
New user
Ossining, New York
92 Posts

Profile of ahofer
I had high hopes.... the nail that bends itself still works ok, and I plan to use it in conjunction with a Liquid Metal routine, but the nail that's supposed to straighten out doesn't anymore, and now I can't rebend it either after chilling it!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Glad I didn't waste my money on what seems like a huge piece of ****!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

As soon as we had a chance to try this out we realised it did have drawbacks and proptly removed it from our site.

Regards

Peter
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10702 Posts

Profile of saysold1
THE "IMPERFECT" NAIL BEND.

I'm sticking with my QB2 and Flexion - the only way to fly.

Thanks Peter for the comment too - your nose for quality & integrity remains unrivaled.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys,
Patrick here, from Murphy’s Magic Supplies.
I have looked at the instructions for the Perfect Bending nail by Katto and they are (were) definitely lacking instruction. The instructions have been rewritten. They will be available from the dealer you purchased your PNB from.

Also, I have read a few negative reviews on the product. I have tested many of the PNB and have had no problems. I might recommend using “dust off” to get the nails cold if for some reason the ice water is not working for you.

Perfect Nail Bend is a fantastic effect! The product itself is made very well and the price is very low compared to other memory metals. The only criticism I have is that the instructions were not well done. We now have new instructions as well as a very short video instruction coming. There is no performance with this effect. However, I don’t feel that is necessarily a bad thing. I see so many magic enthusiasts performing an effect exactly how it was performed on the DVD they purchased. With Perfect Nail Bend you receive the “tools” to perform a miracle and presentation is left up to you. Just like in the old days. LOL

Please keep in mind; if a spectator puts enough force behind it they CAN bend the nail. They can also bend a fork, spoon, knife, or ANY other metal item magicians and mentalists have been using to boast their powers for years. You are bending this solid piece of metal in the spectator’s hands with your mind. That in itself is a miracle…

I hope this helps!
Patrick
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Dunno kids. I simply LOVE gimmicks...I couldn't WAIT to get my paws on Phork wanting to use it to finish my SOH bending routine and couldn't have been more disappointed, so I'm just not going to get "phorked again" with this "technology"...even if it's that much cheaper. Kudos to the ones that make good of it...but I do hope that it doesn't give metal bending a bad name.

By the time this stuff gets done doing what it's "supposed" to phorkin' do (fairly quickly as seen in the vids) I can do 10 phorkin' killer tried and true sleights and phork everyone's phorkin' faces off...with my plain ole' forks...LOL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Nail Bend (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL