The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Help with routine.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Center stage is a chair and table on which is a crystal ball.
A woman from the audience is asked to select a card without looking at it and place it in her pocket.
A woman dressed in typical gypsey fortune tellers garb enters the stage, sits down and gazes at the crystal ball. Eventually the mists clear and she begins describing the series of obscure images that she "sees".
Eventually, after being prompted by the magician to "look to the future" she describes a vision of a woman with something in her pocket.... it's a playing card... the woman is taking the card from her pocket... it's the three of spades. (or whatever)
The first woman takes the card from her pocket and reveals that it is the right card.

Well, that's an idea that I'm working on - there is a bit more to it, but that's the basics. The problem I have, is deciding whether the fortune teller should "see" images that give a clue to the eventual identity of the card... for example, during her misceleaneous "visions" she could discribe an image of a beach with a bucket and SPADE on it, an image of THREE blind mice, a nightCLUB, Elvis (the KING) etc. etc.

I can't decide whether this hinting to the audience detracts from the eventual reveal of the value of the card.. as some will see it coming, or not.

Maybe one or two "hints" might be OK, but do more than that spoil the effect? Also, some of the "hints" will be pretty obvious, seeing a DIAMOND ring in the crystal ball pretty well tells the audience that the card is going to be a diamond.

(Alternatively, we could just leave the hints (although it may be hard to thing up hints for all the numbers.. Ace 8,9,) and omit the bit at the end where she sees the woman take the xxxx of xxxx from her pocket. ... )

Help!
joe yang
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
296 Posts

Profile of joe yang
This is the point where I stop second guessing myself and move to "workshop" venues. I let the audience decide what works. Over here, Open Mike Nights have always worked for me. Don't know what your options are over there. Good luck!
aka Mike Booth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Help with routine.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL